We started solids YEY

Miracle babe

Reaction score
Rowan has been demolishing 5-6 7oz bottles a day and had started waking more in the nights for feeds so sod the HV I thought I'll give him a go on solids (yeah he's just short of 4 months) and wow does this little man think Christmas has come round again quickly :rotfl: He's loving it, he's having baby porridge for brekky and baby rice for tea with bottles through out the day and feeding time is WONDERFUL!!! Because of his reflux he's coping better with solids and he's so happy, his mouth is wide open and he's positively bouncing when he sees me with the bowl, its hilarious. Sorry but there is NO WAY I could have kept him on just milk till 6 months. Fair enough its what they recommend but I'm of the opinion that one size does not fit all and my daughter started at 4 months and she's never had a days illness.
Guess he'll be on pie and chips by next week :rotfl:

woohoo go short stuff, I defineately thought i kept Alfie waiting for it now he tucks into steak and chips with us (JOKE) im so glad that he likes his food it is amazing how fast our little people are growing up

Awww bless little Rowan....I tried Ashlea with baby rice and she didnt' seem to like it, tried her with rusk and she loved it. She goes through bottles of milk like they're going out of fashion, she has about 7 bottles a day, having between 6-8oz a time, though she is sleeping all night so can't complain.My HV said not to start weaning Ashlea til she's at least 5-6 months...don't think she's gonna wait that long though. How much does Rowan weigh now miraclebabe?
Bless our little porky piggy's...I love 'em....
Take care
Claire
xxxx

aww yeyy...I dont know how much longer Jakob will last on milk he was 14lbs when i weighed him last week!

bless him, our babies are growing up too fast.

Alastair has ben on rusks for about 2 weeks now he loves it :D

If your lillte mans happy hun, thats all that matters xxxxx

Thanks folks. Rowan was weighing in at 13bl 5oz last week but that was after losing weight in hospital. My 'little' man is now filling 3-6 month clothes and he's only 4 months next weekend :D I even bought some 6-9 month stuff today

all the babies born around the same time as Alastair are get big very fast, Alastair is only 11lb 11oz

madi was 10lb 2 nearly a week and a half a go lol and she drinks between 5-7 oz lol

Aidan weighed 12.11llbs last week. I have given him baby rice twice for him to get a feel of the different texture but i think i have been doing it at the wrong time, i have given him some rice around his feed time and i think he is so hungry for his bottle that he can't get into it. What he has had he seems to like though :lol:

Sophie27 & excitedclaire, how have you been giving your cherubs rusks, in milk? I'm just wondering if i would be better trying Aidan on that (or maybe it's just an excuse so i can buy rusks and eat them myself yum).

That is great. You know your baby and what is best for him and what the HV says is only GUIDELINES.... Glad he is doing better :hug:

Charlie is 14 weeks and is taking 4 8oz bottles a day and sleeps all night, he was 14lbs 7 oz last week. I take it as long as he is sleeping all night then i shouldnt introduce any solids? it just seems there is loads of babies on here who are eating solids before they are 4 months. Charlie is a big chunky baby!!

Your right hun it has nothing to do with size or weight but just general contentment. Rowan had gone from sleeping through to waking about 3 times for feeds thats what pushed me into getting him started. If he had continued contented then I wouldn't have bothered. The longer you can keep him on milk the better he'll let you know when he's ready :D

clairesarah, i have been giving alastair his rusk in some milk with a spoon, i would never but the rusk in a bottle.

he seems to have gone off his rusk and baby rics so i tried with a jar of food and he just doesnt want nowt anymore :think: :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back