we need a new car..HELP..what car do u have ?

rhian85

Reaction score
okies. we have a nissan primera 04 plate but its shit on MPG insurance is terrible and tax for 12mths is 210.00 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: SO it needs to go we are looking to down size to a smaller car (thinking of a corsa??) but we need the back to be spacious for car seat and possibly a 2nd car seat as we TTC.

so im being nosey what car do u have and what is the tax/insurance like ? :hug: :hug:

we have a renault clio nice in most ways but such a small boot so i wouldn't recommend for more than 1 child x

I have an old Nissan Sunny. Loads of room in back and boot. Cheap insurance and £101 tax a year. But it's an ugly old man car! I love Corsa's! I had the older shaped one but it was cheap tax and insurance and quite roomy! I cried when i sold it! I'd love a newer shape one.

VW Polo's have decent boot space and are nice nippy motors. The diesel one is very economical MPG. I had a Golf which was lovely but it is higher insurance group :roll:

Maybe a Pegeuot 206 or something would be good for you? Good boot and space. And not expensive on tax and insurance IIRC.

we have got a 5 door astra and i think it is a perfect size! not too big not too small. can easily get 2 car seats in the back.

Tax is about £145 a year

I have a Renault Megane and that is the same tax as yours per year. But it is big enough for all the kids and Sam's car seat pram etc.

OH has a Mini that is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. Sam's seat squeezes in the back and the pram will not even fit in the boot :wall:

Iv got a 2005 renault clio - no boot as its full of sound system, its small anyways.

I test drove a Dodge Caliber yesturday - nice, but interior looks like it was made by corean ladyboys - horrid.

I am test driving a 5 door Astra 2006 CDti 150bhp today - boot was perfect for buggy, pleanty of room in back for car seat (planning another baby in 18months, want to keep car for abotu 3 years). Seems perfect. So long as its fast enough, the gear box isnt sloppy and it handles OK i'll be happy. It also has a 5* NCAP aparantly - very safe.

OH has a subaru 3 door turbo thing, far to fast, hard and no room in the back - front seats are sport seats so no no for baby seat. Needless to say, im the one that has to sell my toy!! :think:

So, Astra?

I've got a Polo, and it's brill for Sprog and I. I have a bugaboo, and I put the chassis in the boot and the carrycot in the back next to sprog's seat. The carrycot would fit in the boot too, but I have dogs, one of whom moults a ridiculous amount, and the dogs usually go in the boot, so I don't want a hairy pram.

It's easy to get the car seat in and out despite only being 2 door.

Insurance isn't too bad...I *think* I paid £400 last year, and that's with a year's no claims, and a claim from 2 years ago. Tax is one of the cheapest as it's a 1.2 litre, and I get about 400 miles from a tank on average - unleaded.

hmmm alot of u suggest an Astra..funny because thats what OH would like !!!! but i want to learn to drive and dont want to learn in a big car . Are they big ? Ohhh and it needs to be big in the back as OH is 6ft 2ich tall and we would have to get a car seat behind his seat :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

i hate car buying :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: so much easier to go pram buying :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We have a Honda Jazz and it has a MASSIVE boot... low on insurance, road tax etc.

Would highly recomend it! :D

We have a Nissan Micra, but is not exactly practical with a baby in a car seat a kid in a booster and a large 10 year old plus pram in boot.
So we are hopefully, if the moey comes in tommorrow going to buy a Citroen Picasso on Sunday.
Im so excited as its our first car. The micra is on loan from my mum.

Cant wait :D

ours is a corsa old style i thinkand you can fit 2 people and 2 car seats in easily but 2 prams or a double is difficult. not sure how chris would like the room though best to do is go adn sit in a few to test them out :D

im looking at the new fiesta that is due out in next month or so but can be ordered now its really nice worth looking

We have an Astra, its a 1.4 so the insurance & tax are not too bad :D Its a lovely car, very roomy & its nice to drive, I used to have a Ford Ka and thought the Astra might be too big but its perfect.

Incidently my DH is almost finished his training to become a driving instructor & the its an Astra he will use when teaching people. Its not too big so I think you'll be fine :D

we have an 1999 T reg Astra, it owes me nothing!! parts are cheap, doesnt drink the petrol and tax isnt too bad..... room for two car seats and the boot aint too bad!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back