Confused about accident claim.. please help!

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
Does anyone here know much about car accident claims?

In September I had a little altercation <- (my new Judge Judy word lol) with another driver. It was a really small and silly accident where the driver pranged the side of my car when she was reversing as I was pulling into a space. I do think it was both our faults really, sort of like when two people just bump into each other in the street, no big deal but anyway, her car insurance company is now making a claim against mine. Due to this, MY insurance company want to claim back, obviously for damage to my car, which means me putting my car in for repairs.

To be honest......... its a huge load of hassle to stick my car into a garage to await repairs for what I consider little more than a scratch that I really dont care about (my car is over ten years old and has lots of scratches)! Not only because I live up on a hill on a valley in the middle of a spanish village, and cannot walk up a long winding hill to the nearest bus stop, my husband doesnt drive so i am the main chaffeur most of the time, and we need the car for work/school runs every day etc! Also, it would be awful to think that should I ever need to get to the hospital I dont have transport!

If anyone knows, do I need to do what my insurance company say?

cant you ring them and say your car isnt really damaged.. so you dont want to make a claim..

The opposite side are claiming so they want to do the same.. tit for tat and all the rubbish.. I already stated on the form that my damage was a scratch and I wouldn't be interested in repairing that. They keep telling me to get a garage quote for repairs etc which is why im wondering what my rights are here!

A bit naughty but can't you get the quote and stuff and then when it comes to it don't put the car in the garage? :twisted: or
Just explain the situation- you being preggers and need for transport and push for a courtesy car - say you need one otherwise there is no way you can put your car into be repaired. Sorry chicken best I can come up with :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back