• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

We Finally Have a Routine! YAY :-) = Very happy mummy & Baby

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
over the past few weeks, Theo is been really grumpy, he has hardly slept, he fights sleep in the day time, and woke every 2hrs throughout the night! nightmare.

well, we have started a routine with him, he really needs it as he is so confused about getting himself to sleep, and when he should sleep. so far its going great!

it looks like

7am - Wake Up
8am - Bottle
9am - Nap Time
10am - Wake Up
10:30 - Bottle
12pm - Nap Time
2pm - Wake up
2:30 - Bottle
4pm - Nap Time
5pm - Wake Up
5:30 - 1/2 Bottle
6pm - Bath Time
6:30 - 1/2 Bottle
7pm - BEDTIME

he when sleeps untill 12am where he has a small bottle
and the sleeps untill 4:30 am where he has another small bottle

and starts his day at 7 am again!

some times he wakes up through his 2hr nap, but i leave him if he is just windging, and he goes bk to sleep, but if he starts crying, i sit next to his cot and just gently tap his back, and he usually goes off again.

i am so pleased. he is so much happier having regular naps. he feeds at roughly the same times everyday, and starts to get tired about 15mins before his nap time. hes great i feel like i actually know what he wants and needs.

i know some people dont like routines, but its been so great and means that me and OH gets some time to be together and have dinner at 7pm.

sorry long post, but i am so pleased, that i had to share with all!!!

*routine is the one that is recomened by Gina Ford... it actually worked*

RIMG0288.jpg

well done hun! jack is 10 weeks old and we hvent got a routine that works yet!! xxxxxxx

Great news glad you have found something that works for you both

welldone on getting a good routine hun that works
its so hard at the beginign isnt it but when they fall into it its great :D
xx

congrats!!

i want a routine, but don't think Riley does :lol:

thats really early! i just went with the flow with caitlyn, she developed her own routine at around 3 months

Well Done, gald you found it worked for you!

I have her book, Iv only scanned it though, We kinda made out own routine as time went on, but looking at what we do, its very similar to what you wrote!! Hes much happier getting sleep etc

I'm so pleased for you hun. I am a firm believer in having a routine for LOs and children , but we have followed Imogen's lead. She established a routine at around 3/4 months. It has changed again since then but each time she finds what works and we follow... it works for us. Hope it continues to work for you all.

By the way your little boy is GORGEOUS!!! What a cutie.. :D

I recognised it as the Gina Ford routine straight away! Friends of mine use it and really rate it but it does hamper their mother and baby social lives some-what as many activities seem to fall during the 12-2pm sleep which they are reluctant to disrupt.

I hope it continues to work well for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back