Watery type blisters

BellaRiven

Reaction score
Hey

After expressing with an electric pump regularly my nipple has some watery type blisters on it and it hurts to express now.

Could this be because the pump is up too high? I'm a bit concerned because Riven is finally sucking when he is on the boob and now I can only use one!!!!

Any Ideas?, I have the midwife coming tomorrow and can ask but wondered if you ladies had any ideas??

xx

I expressed with a manual pump and was told to mimic the rate of suckling from Albert and that if at any time it hurt to not pump so hard. Sounds to me like you are getting friction somehow so probably best to turn it down a bit xxxxxxxx

Bella I've just started to express too... And my left side has those... They are very sore!

MIne is the left side too :)

I will let you know what the midwife says tommorrow :)

xxx

i found day 5 the sorest, Alyssa had bad latching habits and since i kept getting told it looked fine and we got thrush soon after i thought it was just normal hurting til bits of mt nipple were open sores like friction burns. slathering on the lansinoh cream and making sure she latched better worked wonders and my nipples toughened up a day or 2 after this.

Saw a breast feeding lady and she said it looks normal, it is where my boob is adjusting to having a human attached to it.... She did say maybe the pump was to high, so I am going to try a manual one on my left boob.

She said the best stuff to use is Lansinoh cream to sooth it so hubby is off out to get some for me later lol, but also a little bit of your own breastmilk as it has it has it's own healing properties :)

I am much happier now I know it's normal :)

Xxxx

YAY these have eased now, I reduced the pressure on the pump, not a lot I can do about magical monkey man but ho hum :)

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back