Water

stephlw25

Reaction score
Just wondering how often you all give your baby water to drink??

I try to give Jamie some with his meals but he just absolutely hates it!! I find it really hard to get it down him! ive even used the pippet from the infacol bottle just to try and get some down him! :shock: :shock: :?

How is everyone elses babies at taking water?? and if they dont like it do you give anything else such a baby juice or something so that they dont get dehyrated/constipated etc??

Thanks!

Steph x

Are you supposed to give them water then? I was told to give Jack water in between feeds if he didnt settle but wasn't aware you had to give water as well as feeds.

I was told to get some baby juice and have it very diluted if he wouldnt take water, just to give it a nicer taste

My HV said that formula fed babies often get a bit thirsty so to offer a drink of cooled boiled water. This also helps with constipation!

braydon refused water so HV sed to use a little bit of baby juice just to taste it a bit now he loves it lol

I was told not to feed water too often as it can damage them as their bodies aren't designed for it. Saying that I have given Damien 1/2oz every now and again to try and settle his reflux if he has had a particularly bad episode.

Phoebe likes water so I am lucky.
I only give it to her if she is crying and I have covered all other obsticles!! I was told you shouldn't give them too much.
I don't think babies need anything other than milk until they are 6mths old.
But obviously most people try out solids before then. Too tempting!!
Have you tried putting some baby juice in it? :D

Yea have tryed but he just screws up his face!!! i only give it occasionally and especially when hes constipated!

Youve all put my mind to rest anyway as ive only been giving water to him occasionally so was only wondering if i should be giving it more often!

danielle hated water and now thats what she drinks all the time

i just refused to give her juice, i added a pinch of sugar to her water and she took it then i slowly cut the sugar out.

so glad i refused juice and kept trying water

those baby juices contain a high amount of sugar, if u do use it dilute it even more than it says

I occassionally give Ava water or diluted juice in her sippy cup with her dinner, but I'd rather her fill up on her forumla since that's where all the nutrients she needs come from.

Eh? :shock:

I was told never to give baby water! Wonder what's the real deal?

Sue

Why not give baby water?????? I have never heard of that.
I give jack water between his feeds as i can imagine milk gets cloggy after a bit in their mouth and not taste very nice.
I don't think i would like to just have a drink of milk every 3-4 hours.

Don't they get dehydrated like everyone else??? or thirsty?

Jack likes water and i am happy to give it to him, plus with him being Jaundice my MW told me to give it him to hydrate him properly.

:D :D :D

dior never really liked water so i used to put 2teaspoons of aple juice in with the cool boiled water she loved it and helped when she was constipated i always gave her juice inbetween milk as the midewife told me that the milk is not a drink its a food, unless u breast feed as ur boobs produce sum thing (dont no wot its called) thats like a drink for baby befor the milk starts to come through

dionne said:
unless u breast feed as ur boobs produce sum thing (dont no wot its called) thats like a drink for baby befor the milk starts to come through

i was told the same thing, that breast fed babies need no other fluids as the fore milk quenches any thirts then the hind milk fills them up

Yes i think its just formula fed babies that can need water as sometimes like Yvonne said they may be thirsy and not hungry!!

Yes, that was what I was told about fore milk and hind milk, and that all baby needs for the first 6 months is breast milk and nothing else.

Sorry if I sounded a little didactic, didn't mean to.

Sue

I've been told and read that babies don't need water before the age of 6 months. Too much water can actually be harmful. It can affect the way their body's take in nutrients.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back