Water

positivity :)

Reaction score
When Will gets tummy ache i give him a few oz of water to encourage his poo.

was thinking today though, when do you start giving water just for hydration reasons? should i be giving him some each day anyway?? xx

i do that too. well im givin chloe extra water after any pureed food i give her. i also give her some as and when really .shes dribbling so much through teething so i keep topping her up! sometimes shes crying & wont take milk, put water there and she has a little drop, i dont really measure what she has, as i go by what she needs, but throughout the day its prob around 90ml dunno if thats alot or alittle... xx

If he is FF then give water everyday, he will (should) only drink what he needs. My friends LO was FF and from a few weeks old was guzzling loads of water a day - although he was born in May so it was alot warmer!

If BF he won't need water until 6 months old.

From 8 months Oscar got the taste for water and now drinks loads throughout the day.

I didn't think they needed water until the were weaning or for pooping or tummy ache purposes if ff? Obviously if it's the summer and hot as well.

I only gave my lo water when I have her food for a good few months and then started offering it at other points in the day well.

I'm ff and don't give my lo any water x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

I dont give Angel water and shes FF. My HV just said to offer her water if she starts getting impatient between feeds (ie only going 1-2 hours instead of her usual 4) then give her 1oz of water. Or if shes been very sick or had diarrhoea. xx.

I started offering Jack water when he was about a month old but that was because it was July and pretty hot so he sweated alot. I just carried on offering it between bottles tbh and now he has it after each meal and inbetween too as well as 4 bottle of formula a day x

hmm, so some do and some don't! I FF and at the moment i don't seem to 'need' to give it to him except for when he has a tummy ache but was wondering if its routine to offer anyway. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back