Water?

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hiya!

I'm planning on breast feeding my little man when he's born and am currently trying to get clued up on it. I have a really good book full of info and it says that babies don't need extra water if they're getting enough milk during the day which makes sense but ...

When should I start offering water to quench his thirst? We're going to Devon for a week when he's 9 weeks old max, will he need water by then? Just so I know whether i'll need to take my sterelizer and bottles for water (if i'm still BFing).

I know i'm thinking far to much into the future but I like to be well prepared! :)

Thanks x

I literally only just started offering lizzie water and only when we had those really hot days and she was sweaty. I don't give her anything else otherwise.
If you ever express you'll be able to see that the first bit of milk you get out is extremely watery and it gets thicker as you go, so they get their 'drink' first :)

Yeah i've childminded breast fed children before so I know it's alot more watery. I shall leave the steralizer at home then, 1 less thing to pack! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back