Water infection

Poppy1987

Reaction score
Hubby has got a water infection and this is the 2nd one he's got in the last 2 months. My fertile week is not untill next week so he has a few days rest. Does anyone know much about water infections in men? Thanks x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Water infections are very rare in men because it is basically bacteria making it way from the outside of his body to his bladder and with them having a penis - it is a very very long way for the bacteria to have to have travelled.

I don't mean to be offensive, but it implies to me that he has very poor hygiene and maybe touches his penis too much so maybe these are things he can change to improve his situation.

He really needs to go and see a doctor about it anyway because it is not normal.

It is more likely to be a problem with his prostate which is in the same region as his bladder.

Please get him to go see his GP asap.

Or he could be very dehydrated which can be similar symptom. I used to get cystitis when I was dehydrated, and didn't take anything for it other than drink lots of water and cranberry juice. HATE cranberry juice but very good for your urinary tract.

Hope he's fixed in time to BD!!

Thanks for your replies. He has been to the doctors twice and the 2nd time he went this week he said come back next week to check its gone. They have given him antibiotics now for the 2nd time also. He is a clean person and usually drinks a lot of water each day so I am rather confused x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

They can happen for loads of different reasons in men, I'm wondering if his job means he has to hold onto his wee for long periods of time?
Cranberry is excellent but if he doesn't like it then you can get concentrated cranberry tablets from health food shops. However if for any reason he gets put on Warfarin for blood thinning he must stop taking cranberry.
Hope it clears up soon xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back