• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WARNING to all dog owners with little ones.

SarahH

Reaction score
Just to warn you that the worst could happen.

We have a dog, who has always been so lovely, cuddly, never done anything wrong. He absolutely adores Arianna.

Tonight he turned on her.... thankfully nothing happend to Arianna.

She wasnt even near him and he started growling and went for her - THANK GOD Brian was there as he just kicked the dog out the way and I grabbed Arianna.

We are taking him to get rehomed tomorrow as I couldnt live with myself if anything ever happened to her.
This happened at about 7pm and I am still shaking, Arianna was in tears for ages as she just got a scare.

I just want to warn you all, as as I said he is usually the biggest softy out there - he isnt a big dog (he's a caviler king charles)

I am just thankful it happend when Brian was here and not offshore.

I just want to add, I hope nobody minds me posting this - just wanted to prove that you never can tell.

That must have been really frightening for Arianna and you! Has your dog been in a fight with another dog at any time? I was once told that once a dog fights with another in can sometimes bring out an aggression that it never had before. I don't know how true this is.

Big :hug: to Arianna and :hug: to you too.

kazlin said:
That must have been really frightening for Arianna and you! Has your dog been in a fight with another dog at any time? I was once told that once a dog fights with another in can sometimes bring out an aggression that it never had before. I don't know how true this is.

Big :hug: to Arianna and :hug: to you too.

Never been in any fight with another dog. Not even a cat - he is scared of cats.

Thanks for your messages. It really did scare the bejesus out of me :cry:

just wanted to offer these :hug: :hug: :hug: its hard saying bye to a doggy

aww hun sorry to hear that, i know what you mean as you cant trust anydog you never know :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:shock: Crikey...thats awful... Im gonna show hubby this tomorra... he's been after a dog for ages!

Hope you're both ok! :hug:

:hug: :hug: Awww bless, sorry that this happened and you have to say bye bye to your dog.
It does show though that it can happen at anytime with any dog.

Oh Sarah! :hug: :hug:

I have dogs, and they were my babies before my real baby came along.

I can only imagine what you are going through. You've made the right decission. You wouldn't want anything to happen to Arianna and you have nipped it in the bud before anything bad happens.

xxx

Sorry to hear this Sarah. I hope you're okay and not too shaken up. :hug:

is your little dog a lap dog?
Could it be a little jelousy?
Either way i feel so sorry for you, this is a fear i have with mine, i have a St Bernard an irish setter and a terrier, the terrier is more than likely going to live with my mil who has her sister as she is a lap dog and i am pretty sure wont be happy about a baby, the other 2 are great big softies and i cant stand the thought of parting with them so will see how it goes but baby will never be left with them in the same room un supervised, thank goodness you were there to interveen.

we had to rehome ours 2 weeks ago for the same thing :(

can never be too careful around children and animals. Someone had a go at me saying i should be watching my lo 24/7 anyway but like i said it happened whilst i was sat there and you just cant watch them like a hawk, what if you need the loo do you take your lo with you every time your alone?

I think it's for the best what your doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back