Bit of a rant - sorry in advance

SarahH

Reaction score
sorry folks, no need to reply... just need to let off some steam!!

My inlaws are driving me insane - well no, my FIL is driving me insane!

I actually want to cause him physical harm.... he really does need a good old punch/slap/kick.... whichever of my muscles want to respond first.

He just doesnt think about anyone... he thinks he is ALWAYS right... when he never is, he butts in when I am saying 'no' to Arianna for something he screams it to her.
He shows her something one day and laughs at it then if she goes back to do it the next day she is given into trouble.

Tonight, he was arguing over nothing with my MIL infront of Arianna and myself... thankfully it was Arianna's bed time so I picked her up and took her through to bed out of the way... but he was raising his voice WAY to much for what it was about. Once Arianna was sleeping I went and sat outside to have a smoke and cried my eyes out as I seriously don't know how much more I can take!
Tonight I heard him say that I don't give a sh*t what Arianna does and she is going to end up hurt as I dont react.... Well if I don't give a shit how come she is perfectly grown up she doesnt misbehave, if she touches something she shouldn't I just have to say 'no darling' and she leaves it. I mean... I am at home with her myself for 28day at a time when Brian is offshore and no harm comes to her...

Brian's cousins here are leaving for a month at the beginning of Dec for a vacation to Spain and have offered us their house while they are away.... I soooo want to accept the offer to stay there but it will break my MIL heart not to have Arianna close by.

Sorry for the rant... don't worry this should be the last one as Brian is home again on Friday so I will do all my wingeing to him....

oh, that another thing!! My FIL WONT go to pick Brian up from the airport on Fri at 2.30pm - he has to get a taxi - even tho he is going to pick up his own brother at the same airport at 5.30pm!!

ok, rant truely over this time!!

SORRRRYYYYY!!

xx

Sorry - I don't mean to sound harsh, but accept the kind offer of the house for a month and sod the MIL and what she thinks. You NEED the break away from them.

Good luck chick :hug:

awww hun, sounds like a nightmare - you should do what YOU want to do and also if they ask y just say you dont want LO hearing all the arguing and raised voices :shakehead:

But have lots of Hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awww Sarah! :hug:
I too would take the offer of the house! You need some space! I'm amazed you have managed to live with him as long as you have with his attitude!
I'm sure you will find everything alot easier once Brian gets home! It can't help when you are missing him too! :hug:
How long have you got until you go home?

I'm suprised your FIL is still alive :shock: you should definitly take the chance of the house!

Thank you all! :hug:

Brian gets home on Friday ( :dance: ) and then I have another month here before I go home (we leave Dec 27th, get back to Aberdeen Dec 28th)
I'm going to speak to Brian once he gets home and let him decide about the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back