Warning TMI - itchy & swollen

MummyMills

Reaction score
I know this is a bit of a delicate subject, but hey, we're all in this together!

For the past 3 weeks, I've been suffering with really itchy, swollen genitals. For a while I thought it was thrush as there was a lot more discharge than usual but now I'm not so sure.

I've tried everything - Canestan cream, pro-biotic yogurts, changing my pant-liners every hour or so, getting lots of air to to the area where possible, anti-bacterial soap... but nothing seems to shift it & it's starting to drive me crazy!

Any suggestions would be welcome, at this stage I'd try anything!

Cheers for that. If you'd have told me that bathing in organic baked beans and custard would help, I'd have tried it... it's sooo sore!

I know this might sound strange but are you washing the area everyday with soap... because if you are.... stop.... I get regular bouts of thrush and its usually from using soap down there... I can use johnstons baby shampoo but nothing harsher... It alters the PH of the area and that's what causes the thrush.

Yes, I have been washing with anti-bacterial soap but perhaps I should try the baby shampoo / warm water on alternate days to see if that helps.

Seriously, you could get me to try anything at the moment!

Well I know that anti bacterial soap for me would be WAY to harsh... (I've tried it :oops:) ...actually the only thing that usually gets rid of my thrush is the oral tablets and a topical treatment with the cream....but obviously that's not quite possible for you atm... But the way I keep it at bay is being very gentle with my lady bits, never putting soap down there, occasionally baby shampoo... I wash every day in the shower to keep everything clean...but the soap seems to mess everything up :cry: And there are some really nice soaps and shower gels out there :cry:

I had this problem and was continously suffering from thrush when i was pg. ive resorted to using nothing except warm water every day which does help. I've always used femfresh but i developed a real sensitivity to it during my pregnancy, which is still with me now :(

Give femfresh wash a try I find this to be good as I get thrush quite often.xxxx

I've been out & purchased some soap from Boots that alters the PH balance "down there" :oops: & I'm going to try using it on alternate days (with just water on the other days). I'll let you know how Iget on with my experiment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back