Wanted to share this fabby recipie..

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
Hey guys, First off.. Dont scoff at the ingredients (or the fact its vegan)! It honestly tastes nothing like red cabbage, but is SOOO full of goodies for you! Its so yummy, and Alanna LOVES it!!!

Tomato-Red Cabbage Soup (serves 3-4)
1 t vegetable or olive oil
2 medium onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
250 g (3 1/2 cups) shredded red cabbage
650 g (3 1/3 cups) chopped fresh tomatoes
1 T fresh oregano, chopped
1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
1 T soy sauce
2 T tomato paste
1000 ml (4 cups) vegetable broth
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
chopped parsley for serving

-- You can improvise a bit, I added a splash of worcester sauce, and halfed the amount of fresh tomatoes, and used a teaspoon of dried herbs instead of fresh that it mentions.

Method..

In a large saucepan heat oil. Add onions and fry for five minutes over medium heat. Add garlic and shredded cabbage. Fry for 10 minutes until onions and cabbage are lightly caramelized. Add remaining ingredients except for parsley. (Unless you are using dry parsley, then you can add it now)

Cook for 20 minutes until tomatoes have started to fall apart. Let cool for five minutes and puree with a handheld blender. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle fresh parsley on top. Serve with a slice of fresh bread.

thanks looking for ideas for Doodles for lunches that are dairy free & this looks brill :D

Ooooh lovely recipe! Do you have to blend it? Thanks for sharing

If you chop everything up into good sizes you could get away with not blending, it makes a yummy consomme, But i did, I like a thick creamy soup :p

Thank you! Sebastian likes soup that's more consommé like rather than thick soup like x I'll give this a go x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back