Walking takes ages!

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that walking somewhere that previously would have taken no time at all is taking ages!!!
I've just walked my daughter to school, which is about a 20 minute walk usually. I was overtaken by other people about 4 times on the way home!!! I could actually feel myself waddling! Arghhhhh- what will it be like when I'm 8 months pregnant??? I will take an hour!

Stairs are the killer for me.... I get to the top and sound like an 80 year old who has just run a marathon! I'll have to get a stenna stair lift by 8 months :D

xx

Its awful isnt it lol, hate going shopping as i have to ask hubby to slow down and wait for me lol

I feel im getting easily tired out now and yeah my walking has slowed down too. Even driving is uncomfortable now! Eeeekkk

I have to get everyone to wait for me. Between the arthritis and spd I am walking at a snails pace thats if I can walk at all that day!!! Even the dog gets pissed off with me, I walked him round the block the other day and you could almost read his face saying "oh god your not walking me, great 1 mph again" lol
And stairs!!!! Well people have to push me up them. My OH gets a good grope now cos he pushes me up them by the bum!!!!

Last edited:
Haha...so i'm not the only one then! :) I thought this wouldn't come until about 8 months...how wrong was i! :) I tell my OH once and if he don't slow down i just stop walking until he realises and comes back! :)

I have to say we went shopping yesterday and most of the time I was in one aisle and the OH kept walking off and coming back with handfuls of shopping to put in the trolley cos apparently we didn't have 3 hours to get round tesco. Cheeky bugger!!!! lol

When we went out at the weekend, my hubby said I now waddle, and that I am the pace of a snail. I have to tell him all the time to slow down.

Oh thank god! Your responses have not just reassured me that I am not the only slow mid pregnant person- but you've all had me giggling!!! Woo hoo for us PF girls keeping each other smiling!

You're right about the stairs too - I am out of puff at the top! Ha ha!

I'm also like an old woman as I go about my way.
They're all laughing at me at work cos I'm used to walking and talking which I can't do anymore and at shops I'm constantly out if breath!!

if i walk fast, i get braxton hicks...lol...well i think its them....bump goes all tight and like a band is being pulled around my tummy.....like a stitch in my bump. know what i mean? x

if i walk fast, i get braxton hicks...lol...well i think its them....bump goes all tight and like a band is being pulled around my tummy.....like a stitch in my bump. know what i mean? x

lol i get them if i rush about xx

i stumbled today and then got a BH.... lol xx

im slow anyway and theres no way i can keep up with ppl now lol so i dont even try

I've begged my OH to walk her to school tomorrow so that I can stay in bed. That way I avoid being overtaken by Grannies! Xxx

I take forever too!! We walked to and from midwife yesterday and we only just about made it in time cos it took me so long! If I walk too quickly my sciatica kicks in and I get BH's!

Thank heavens it's not just me, it kills me just walking from one side of the hospital to the other :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back