Waiting for Paramedics

monster_munch

Reaction score
Those in TTC know I am having a night off as my hubby isn't feeling too good.
A few hours ago he started shivering (unbeknown to me) and when I went upstairs to see if he was OK I could see he wasn't even though he was shrugging it off.

I immediately called NHS direct, who called a doctor who called the paramedics... they can't rule out Appendicitis, but we're fairly sure it's not that as he has been like this a few years ago and he has loads of tests but they couldn't diagnose anything :shock:

Very surreal now - I have just ran around the house hiding the mess as I have been very lazy this evening - all the stuff from tea is still out :oops: If I do some washing up, the pipes start creaking and hissing (gotta love this house) so I will wake up my daughter and half the street! The paramedics probably won't notice but I will.

Hope he's OK - the doctor said he's not sending the paramedics round urgently, so there's nothing to be too worried about but still - nothing like this has ever happened to me or people around me so it's very surreal at the moment...

Eek - need to find hubby's mobile. he's not going into work tomorrow no matter what (he is determined that he is still going at the moment) and I need to text his mate and cancel his lift in.

Crikey - I've gone into over-protective mummy mode on my husband :rotfl: he thinks I'm seriously over-reacting, but I don't care. :shakehead:

:roll: He's just been sick (sorry TMI) there's not much there as he hasn't eaten for over 24 hours but he has stopped shaking and says he feels better.

He would have to wait until after I called NHS direct and the paramedics were called wouldn't he!

I'm still making sure he gets a thorough checking but I bet I look a right over-exaggerating silly woman when they get here and see he's fine! :roll:

Paramedics here - he has a temperature - she doesn't think it's appendicitus - she does think it could be something like peretinitus?

Update - she has just left.
As there is only general pain in his belly, nothing localised, they can't do anything. SHe just gave him 2 jabs (poor baby) and gave my some advice of things to look out for. Basically I'm up for the next 3 hours making sure I don't see any of these signs.

If I do - I call them again and they'll check what is happening and probably send him into hospital.

He says he feels a little better, but he keeps getting cramps and feeling a little sick.
He does have a high temp, so he's not allowed the duvet on which is annoying him as he feels cold.

I hope he's feeling better soon, sounds like you've had a really stressful night. I hope you can get some more sleep this morning :hug:

Thanks for your kind wishes - he's a little better now. The 2 injections he had in the early hours (an anti-spasmodic and an anti-sickness) seemed to have helped a bit. He is still very hot but says he's cold, so I reckon he still has a temperature. I can't check his temp as our thermometer said he had a temp of 36.2 last night but when the paramedic took it a fwer minutes later it was 38.9 :shock: We're going to buy a new one - heaven forbid I would have taken my daughters temp and thought it wasn't that high when actually is was...

He has a normal Dr's appointment this afternoon, mainly to get a note for work. He's been panicking about work thinking he's skiving, so I've been ringing round places like a mad woman telling everyone that needs to know!

I may eventually get round to sorting my poor daughter out this morning. I am embarassed to say that she has had custard cream biscuits for breakfast :oops: I need to go to the post office today and I have a consultation with the hairdressers that shouldn't take long so I haven't cancelled it - may regret that!

I'm glad he's feeling better. :lol: at your daughter having biscuits for breakfast. There have been times when James has had biscuits for breakfast, not that he cared!

He felt wuite a bit better earlier - came with me to the hairdressers, but now he is back in bed shivering even though he is boiling hot :wall:
He says his stomach feels better.
He had a Dr's appointment at half 3 and his temperature was fine then and he seemed fine but I'm worried he's getting worse again.

He got signed off work for today :roll: (useful) so he's supossed to be going back to work tomorrow! He is adament that he is going in :wall: :wall: :wall: MEN!
When they have a tiny cold they're dying, when they are actually ill, they're fine :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back