Anyone had this sickness/flu type bug?

glittergirl

Reaction score
Its not me who's poorly but my OH.

In all the years we've been together he hardly ever gets ill.

He has been in bed for 2 days now and he says one minute he is burning hot the next shivering cold. Has crampy type pains in his stomach, terrible cough, headaches and has been sick a few times.

He's not eaten since yesterday morning (1 slice of toast) and refuses anything i suggest. I'm trying to keep him drinking plenty of water but he says that makes him feel more sick.

I dont know if i should ring the doctor or not? Can the docs give anything for this?

OH insists i'm not to ring the docs but if i thought they would prescribe something to make him better...

Just wondering if anyone has recently suffered this and what i should do?

I'm a hopeless nurse aren't i :roll: :?

Sounds like possible flu to me. Or a nasty viral infection of some sort.

TBH there is nothing a doctor can prescribe antibiotic wise for this sort of thing. Best bet is something like paracetamol to help bring temp etc down, keeping a decent temp, not having the house overly hot and resting.

Fluids are important, so long as he is drinking water he should be ok. He does not want to not drink as he will become dehydrated quickly and will make himself worse. Sipping is better than trying to down a glass in on go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back