Very worried

myst

Reaction score
Hello all,

Had checkup with my midwife today and she is particually worried im not as big as i should be.
Im coming up for 27 weeks and only measuring 22cm. I have felt over the last 3-4 weeks that I am small and this is my 4th baby, I was gonna ask her for a scan to reassure me that everything is ok but as it turns out she is very concerned and has referred me for an urgent growth scan.
Everyone comments on how small I am, I dont even need to wear maternity tops yet as i can still comfortably get into my size 12 ones.

Im supposed to be having this baby by elective c section [my 4th c section] at 38 weeks....but with only around 11 weeks left that dosent leave much growing time..

im really worried - does anyone know of any 'conditions' or causes as to why id be measureing 4cm less than I should be...midwife told me to measure 2cm each way over or under was normal....

any help of comments welcome plz!

thx xx

Sorry Myst I've not advice I'm afraid just just wanted to wish you all the best for the scan.

me either I am afraid - just some virtual hugs :hug: :hug:

Did your midwife offer any advice on possible reasons why you are small for your date?

Hi

I have no idea hun :hug: good luck with your scan.
Katrina

Don't know if this helps to reassure you, but the same happened with my second baby. It's ten years ago (!) and the exact details are sketchy coz my memory is rubbish, but I do remember that when I was checked by an obstetrician they sent me for an urgent growth scan, and they still weren't conclusive as to whether there was a problem or not, because things seemed ok with the baby yet they were worried about my size! I had to be checked weekly, still with them thinking I wasn't the right size, or that the baby might not be, til I went into labour 2 weeks before due date, and my son was a very healthy 6lb 5 ozs. THEN they told me my dates must've been wrong coz he was a 36 week baby not 38 week. Confused?? I was. But importantly all was absolutely fine. The thing that pissed me off at the time was how much frowning the doctor did. I was looking to him with reassurance and he frowned and ummed and ahhed and it was so worrying. All I would say is try not to worry too much. It's hard not to worry, jeepers the nightmares I had once the doc had said he was concerned and I had them all prodding and checking over me, but try and be positive and get more advice from your midwife. I am sure everything will be ok I really hope so for you.
GOOD LUCK
XX

With my last pregnancy 8 years ago, I measured fine all the way through and delivered, 11 days early, a 5lb 10oz baby. Because of this, they are keeping a close eye on me this time and have been told I will be having extra growth scans. Trying not to worry though as everything was fine last time. :hug:

Definately easier said than done, but try not to worry too much and all the best for the scan. :hug:

I am having regular growth scans as my little boy is on the small side but he is generally following the continum of been a small baby , so it may just be you have a small baby...Hope you get the scan through soon so you can get some answers

Where your others small babies?

I have had 2 little ones and just wondered if it was a norm for you?

:hug:

oldest was 7lb 13oz then next was 7lb and 3rd was 6lb 5oz....

Perhaps you just carry smaller Myst. Like it could be less water and all baby which means you have a smaller bump. :think:

When is your next scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back