Very worried couple...

Its good that you have managed to put your minds at rest, and glad to hear both you and your wife now have all the facts and information you craved.

Have a fabulous holiday, best of luck with the pg test, and we look forward to an update on your return.

:wave:

Hello everyone again…I haven't come back from my holidays yet, but I have some more information which I think is kind of misleading…but I guess you'll always get that when people are no sure. Also I thought that the below information may be useful for someone else.

* NHS Direct expert called me about 10 mins ago and advised that they kind of can't advise me as its only recommendations
* He said that he doesn't think my wife should use any Malaria tablet (which contradicts to what the FPC Dr who is also a GP was adamant about that this would not cause a problem).
* He then said that it depends on the person giving the advise at it may differ.
* He advised that the type of Malaria medication to use is chloroquine and proguanil.

I found the following info on chloroquine and proguanil:

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:eek:CE ... clnk&cd=13

Basically the paragraph of interest is:
Both chloroquine and proguanil have been taken safely during pregnancy for many years although this combination offers insufficient protection in areas with chloroquine resistant P. falciparum. Folic acid supplements should be taken if proguanil is used in those who are pregnant or seeking to become pregnant.

* Also he advised to go to the following US web site, which he said that UK NHS check the site periodically to ensure that the content is the same advise for UK citizens:
www.cdc,gov/travel
Go to 'Special Needs Travelers' link (as he said US treat being pregnant whilst traveling as a "Special Need").
This should take you to the below page:
http://www2.ncid.cdc.gov/travel/yb/util ... egnant.htm

I will keep everyone posted if I find out more info before or after I go away on holiday… :D

I would be interested in if anyone strongly disagrees with any of the above info so far.

Thanks again for reading my long essays…as they seem to be getting more complicated! ;-) LOL

if people have said they are ok then im sure they will do no harm. At the end of the day you're wife has taken an emergency contraceptive pill anyway so i doubt very much she is PG from last Sunday. And they wont exactly do any more harm than an emergency contraceptive pill would.

Im guessing you dont want to be PG then as she took the pill? But you said you would be very happy if she was? Im slightly confused.

Good luck anyhow
Cassie

cassi said:
Im guessing you dont want to be PG then as she took the pill? But you said you would be very happy if she was? Im slightly confused.

Good luck anyhow
Cassie

Hi Cassie,

Thanks for the advice. :)

We were not planning to have a child at the moment as we were going on hols and the vaccinations and malaria tablets would possibly cause problems. To be honest we were going to plan after we returned from India e.g. We were going to both get a little fitter by getting on the running machine and my wife was going to take folic acid vits before trying etc.
However, if we could prevent from being pregnant that would be good, but even if we can't then that would be good also. The only issue with this all is potentially that the vaccinations and malaria tablets may harm the baby, even though it is a slight chance, but I guess you can't have everything 100% in life and there is always a slight risk in everything we do.

I hope that kind of clears up the confusion. :D

Just a quick update on our current situation, which is that my wife has still not had her period and has had a few stomach aches. We'll have to see in a week’s time by taking a pregnancy test again whether she is pregnant or not.

Take care to all of you lovely ladies out there that have been giving us this wonderful support of the last week. It is VERY reassuring that there are so many people out there that still care in this harsh world that we live in! :D

Good Afternoon Everyone! :D

Firstly I would like to say thank you to all the people that gave us help/support during our worrying times.

Secondly, we had a great holiday abroad, its a shame it went so quickly!

Finally, my wife never did have her period while we were on holiday. She took a pregnancy test twice as instructed by the Family Planning Clinic Dr and both were negative. When we returned to the UK she had her period.

So it seems that she's not pregnant after all. We are planning to have our first baby, but this time we'll be more careful and ensure we don't go abroad where Maleria tablets are required and my wife has started to take her folic multi vit tablets already in preparation.

I thought that I would give everyone the news as you were all so very helpful in our time of need.

This is a very good forum and I'm sure I'll be visiting the site many times as we plan to have children.

Take Care to ALL. :D

Thanks for the update!

Glad you had a nice time and there was no need to worry after all.

Hopefully see you soon when you come back at the start of your TTC (trying to concieve) journey.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back