new member - problems after coming off the pill!

sweeting

Reaction score
:D

Hi my name is Kate and I am 27.I am married with a 2 yr old little girl and now trying for number 2 ! . i came off the pill in Jan 05 and have been having a period every other week since. I have been to the doctors and he said i was not ovulating and to wait wait 6 months for everything to go back to normal. I am so frustrated as it is very hard to concieve when you are not ovulating. has anyone else had problems after taking the pill.

Please help.
kate
xxx

Hiya Kate
I am thinking on trying myself for baby no 2 . My boy is 1 next month . Did you have problems before your first baby with periods ? That seems strange having a period every other week . What did he say is causing it ? I never went back on the pill , just about make it to the shower in the morning never mind remembering to take that too !
Ange

hi ya
one of my friends came off the pill and their periods were really messed up its just to do with what the pill does when your actually taking t and your body is used to it si its finding it hard to go on with out you taking it.
sorry not much help i know but i just wanted you to know this does happen to other people as well.
good luck
xxxx

hi kate

when i came off the pill last year my periods were all messed up too, but within 6,7 months i found out i was preg and we had been trying so don't be put down that your not pg yet it will happen if its meant to.

hope you get there soon :wink:

Hi Ange, :)

I was on the pill for 10 yrs before I started trying for my daughter and I fell pregnant the first month. so I thought I would be the same with baby no:2 . If I had known that I would have had these problems I would have have started trying earlier. But I have been on the pill since I was 16 so I don't really know what my normal cycle is.
I would like a small age gap so thats why its really bothering me. How long did it take for you to concieve with your first?

Thanks for the advise lisa and titch its good to know you are not the only one with an abnormal cycle. One thing I know is that I am not going back on the pill.

xxxx

Hi again

I have to say I was the same as you with my first pregnancy . I was on the pill from the age of 16 and it only took us a few months to get pregnant . I am 30 this year (ARRGGHH CRISIS APPROACHING) and I suppose I am expecting to fall pregnant just as easily this time too ,much the same as yourself . I dont think you should worry , everyones body probably reacts different to the changes after a pregnancy . best thing to do is chill out , enjoy the practising and it will happen when you least expect it .
take care
Ange

When I came off the pill to have my first (I am now TTC number 3), I had periods all over the place but my doctor assured me that I could start ovulating at any time so to keep trying. Within 3-4 months, I was pregnant without even trying.

Hello :D I was on the pill for several years and then I was on Depo, which is a birth control shot which works in a similiar way to the pill. I stopped the Depo a few months before I got married (May 2003) We were planning to use condoms only until after the wedding and then we were planning to start trying. But when May rolled around I still hadn't had a period and my dr. warned me not to start trying until I had had 3 normal cycles. Well I didn't even have a period until several months after the wedding and after that my periods were all several months apart. It was awful because we wanted a baby so bad. It got to the point where everytime I saw a pregnant woman or a baby my heart just ached. :( Early this year I finally started having normal cycles. Waiting through those last 3 cycles was painful I wanted to start trying so badly but my dr. warned me to be patient. When she finally gave us the green light I was so exited but so worried that we would have trouble conceiving. We conceived our first try :!: I am 15 weeks along now and so happy :D Not everyone has as difficult a time as we did and I'm NOT saying you will. Just wanted to let you know that other women go through this and the vast majority of them do conceive. I'm sure you will too. Good luck :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back