Very sleepy after 1st jabs

carpozijr

Reaction score
Hi, looking for some advice....my baby had her 8 weeks jabs yesterday, and seemed fine all day afterwards. She was given a dose of calpol shortly afterwards on advice of HV and another 6/7 hours later as she seemed a bit feverish. She is usually colicky but was a dream last night - kicking and goo gooing all evening, then went down fine. Today she has been very very sleepy. When I fed her at 6 am, she kept falling asleep after each turn on the boob, which she sometimes does but not often - usually we are up for a marathon 1-1.5 hours through the night. When she woke at 10 for another feed, she did the same thing. She has been sleeping on and off since then without asking for more (it's now noon). She is not usually this sleepy. Finally, when I washed her face this morning, just after the 10am feed, she started bawling which she has never ever done. Any advice? Would like to know if this sounds like typical side effects of the jabs. Many thanks in advance.

Yep it could well be the jabs. After the first lot Becky slept for the best part of 5 hours in the day which is soooo not what she does in the day! Usually she has 2 power naps of up to 45 minutes. If you're worried give your HV a buzz but hopefully she'll be back on track in a few days.

Evie had her jabs this morning (god was I a wreck!), but the doctor said we'd either have the night from hell, or she'd be really sleepy..... so I guess it's normal behaviour. (hope Evie is more sleepy than hellish!)

J
XX

Yep, LO was the same, slept loads the same day and the following day after her 1st set of jabs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back