Very scary last few days

Annabanna33

Reaction score
well after saturdays trip to a & e then thankfully hearing the heartbeat and seeing bubs, tues morning woke up and had brown/pink blood, which then went onto brown for the rest of the day. weds morning, woke up and it was bright red. i felt sick i was so worried. that then stopped after first wip then went onto being brown for the rest of the day. since 6pm last night till now ive not had anything. To be honest i am a total nervous wreck! am 9 weeks tomorrow and am just praying everything is going to be ok. Apparently spotting is normal around time of your period, but i wish someone had told me to be prepared!

Anyone else had this and gone on to be absolutely fine??
Need reassurance please
x

I had 2 big bleeds at 11 and 12 weeks and I went for a scan and everything was fine. I was a complete wreck but the doctor kept reassuring me how common it was in the first 12 weeks so Im sure everything will be fine. They will prob send you for a scan to be sure if you have anymore but I was fine so I wouldnt worry but i do know what your going through!

Hiya

Yeah I have had 4 lots of bleeding now! Haven't had anything for 2 weeks so hopefully it seems to have stopped. Each time baby was fine. On my last scan they identified an area of 'separation' which is what was causing the bleeding, it is apparently hormonal and will sort itself out but there are so many reasons it can happen although its obviously not normal so you should go checked out again if you're worried. My heart sank every time I saw the blood (browny dark colour) but each time has been fine thank god. If you have seen the heartbeat then there is a much much lower chance of MC, I was advised to refrain from intercourse (well that saves me making up any excuses :) )and to just rest up and take it easy.

Just look after yourself, sure you'll be fine xxxx

hiya, thanks for the replies guys, today so far has been all clear :D
yep heartbeat was beating loudly and strongly at 8 weeks, so hopefully thats a good indication. 9 weeks tomorrow and am just praying that it will all be ok till i get to 12 weeks and then get my scan to make sure bubs is ok. m/w said since i had a scan on sat they wouldnt give me another one till next week anyway. Long hard wait ahead.

great, brown is back. all i want it some reassurance, but every keeps telling me to relax, unless its bright red and ive got cramping not to worry. Easier said than done!!!!!
have come back to work today but cannot concentrate in the slightest, dont know what to do :(

Hello

I'm sure you would be feeling cramping if something was wrong. Maybe ring midwife and beg for a scan this week. Failing that, if you're really worried see if you can get a private one to put your mind at rest, as i think until you see healthy baby it will be hard to not worry, not matter what anyone says.

Remeber brown is old blood, so this is a good sign!

X

yeah so people have told me. brown/pink is old blood = good. mum had a m/c with her first so has been telling me that basically you will know if it is happening, lots and lots of blood and very painful.
my 12 week scan is booked for the 11th sept. 3 weeks today. 21 whole long days. i just have to keep going till then.......please stay put little bubs x

It must be very hard to relax i'm sure! I'd be going out of my mind and although all the advice says you are probably ok it will be totally natural for you to worry!

Unfortunately it is just a waiting game, try to keep positive thoughts and don't let things overwhelm you.

The only advice i can give is to talk to your doctor/midwife and explain how worried this is making you (worry is not good for you or the baby) and see if you can push to have an early reassurance scan, i'm not sure what the policies are at every hospital but alot of people on here have had early scans and if you can push to have one, that would settle your mind to see the LO.

Sending you lots of :hug: :hug:

i had a scan last weekend when i first had the scare, and i saw bubs and heard the little heartbeating nice and strong. hospital have said they wont do another one till at least a week later. so nothing to be done other than try not to think about it. never have i been so obsessed by wiping when i go to the loo!!! Not natural lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back