~~~vegetarian thread~~~

Dee1985

Reaction score
Hi ladies

are there many veggies on here?

Looking for some ideas for meals im starting to run out of ideas

so introduce your self why you turned a veggie how long you have been veggie for and meal ideas maybe pics of your meals too :D

I have always been very funny about eating meat and could just about stomach chicken, but now i cant i will never eat meat again and have not one for about a yr, my kids still have meat though.
i dont do it as i think its cruel to animals but because i think its gross eating anything that once lived

My fav meal is stuffed mushrooms from the tesco finest section stuffed with spinish and cheese with salad and chips and onion rings
im having it tonight will get a pic for you :lol:
and quorn chicken fajitas ummmmmm

Hey im veggie have been for bout 4 months i think now, i was veggie for about 2 years along time ago too, i am veggie because of the mars bar thread on here :puke: even after i found it not to be true i decided to continue as i have found out what is in sausages and things like that and has put me off all meat for life, :D

Im not veggie but try to limit meat as I think it can be a bit heavy on your body, and vegetarian meals are often much more wholesome..

A great snack is philadelphia (or whatever soft cheese- goats is great) in a whole meal pitta and put some roasted cherry tomatoes in, takes 20mins in the oven with olive oil and lump of garlic) top with some rocket.

A lovely dinner or lunch is some egg noodles cold with small diced bits of cucumber, red pepper and chopped coriander.. tastes so good and super healthy. Add whatever dressing or have it plain like me :D

I do love fish and will never not eat that, but as im not veggie I think this is fine- it does annoy me when veggies who dont eat meat for ethical reason forget how fish are caught..conviently :wall:

i have even cut fish out of my diet, no meat at all for me :)

For me.. I went thro a phase of really hating how animals are kept and reared for food (still do) so I didnt eat meat for those reasons ....but I really missed it and my OH wasnt prepared to give it up and I was tormenting myself looking on loads of greenpeace sites about cruelty and just still feeling super guilty for still wanting that bacon roll, ...so i made a choice to eat meat but try to buy more ethically produced varieties like free range , organic etc and had to stop looking on these sites.

But Veggies who eat fish it is just so defeating the whole purpose I find it incredulous, like I had to make a decision to eat meat I think you need to make it one way or the other.

( If you are doing it for those reasons obviously if u dislike meat and like fish thats different)

yeah i get what ur saying, because your still eating an animal, but some times ppl need the protein to top their bodies up, i just take vits to keep my health up

Yeah if its said by ur doc then fair dos. but protein is high in nuts and seeds and certain veg too. Anyway dont want to hijack this thread lol, im easily set off on this subject tho :oops: :lol:

aww bless ya, i love nuts and avocardo, soooo yummy, im not a fan of tofu though tastes of nothing :puke:

OMG Tofu's MINGING lol

I really love avocado, in a salad with chunks of goats cheese and pine nuts.

Also PESTO is amazing, god I could eat it out the jar lol, pesto in fresh spaghetti or just drizzled over salads.

yay a few veggies then

Marymary some of them ideas sound yummy.

Im same as you mel, i watched a show whats really in a sasuage, it was vile, every time after i bit into meat i thought of it :puke:
nnever ever again, only thing i will miss is a kfc

have you ever looked at the "anti meat eating" videos on you tube :shock: :puke:

hi :wave:
I've been veggie for 15 years or so and it is a pain that lots of people (some friends included) still say they are and eat fish. I really don't mind what other people eat, it's just in restaurants loads of times when you say you're veggie they then ask 'do you eat fish?' or don't even ask and offer you the fish dish and that's a real pain in the arse.
So really, they just need another name like 'fishatarian' or something to distinguish them from the other veggies.

As for meals - I agree with the pesto and pasta - lovely. I have plenty of bangers and mash (cauldron veggie sausages are nice). Veggie burritos with quorn and loads of sour cream and cheese. hmmm, I'm making myself hungry and I've already had two lunches today :oops:

Hiya :wave:
I never ever eat pork/beef/lamb. So no ham, bacon, sausages, mince etc for me - because my brain sees a cow or pig that isn't meant to be eaten. I heard something recently about a creature millions of years ago kind of genetically split into 2 and grew in 2 different directions, one turned out to be todays pig, and the other turned out to be humans and I've also heard that pig flesh is almost exactly like human flesh so I just can't stomach it! I caught the end of Gordon Ramsay once, the one where his pig's were being slaughtered, it ran overtime so I caught it by mistake and I just can't handle it!
However I do stomach chicken for convenience only, and I eat fish (cod, haddock, tuna, salmon) and that's it.

So I guess I can't say I'm veggie but I do cut alot of meats out. And I love vegetables.. and I adore quorn products, been eating them for ages now so I am very used to the taste etc and really like it.

I'm in a constant quandary about the chicken.. everytime I eat it I'm aware I don't 100% like it and I'm not sure whether to stop or not.

It's nice to hear of peeps with similar tastes coz I though I was weird and my family think I'm being silly and laugh at me which is extremely annoying!!! Can't they just accept I've changed and just because I ate meat as a child doesn't mean I can't change my mind!!!

Just thought of a really unhealthy but yummy treat.. :shhh:

stick loads of nachos on a baking tray and cover with tomato salsa, jalapeno peppers and cover with loads of grated cheese and grill. Serve with guacamole and sour cream. I love loaded nachos Mmmmmmm :twisted:

eightball said:
hi :wave:
I've been veggie for 15 years or so and it is a pain that lots of people (some friends included) still say they are and eat fish. I really don't mind what other people eat, it's just in restaurants loads of times when you say you're veggie they then ask 'do you eat fish?' or don't even ask and offer you the fish dish and that's a real pain in the arse.
So really, they just need another name like 'fishatarian' or something to distinguish them from the other veggies.

As for meals - I agree with the pesto and pasta - lovely. I have plenty of bangers and mash (cauldron veggie sausages are nice). Veggie burritos with quorn and loads of sour cream and cheese. hmmm, I'm making myself hungry and I've already had two lunches today :oops:
there is a name for people who dont eat meat but eat fish actually but i cant remember the name, im just making a veggie shepperds pie :cheer:

piscatarian? (sp) something like that

not veggie - just couldn't resist answering :wink:

My oh is a veggie - his fav meals are veggie bolognaise and veg pies! He also loves curry!

Marymary said:
Just thought of a really unhealthy but yummy treat.. :shhh:

stick loads of nachos on a baking tray and cover with tomato salsa, jalapeno peppers and cover with loads of grated cheese and grill. Serve with guacamole and sour cream. I love loaded nachos Mmmmmmm :twisted:

That's what we're having for tea!

I'm not veggie but when I cook for friends we love

Quorn sausage toad-in-the-hole
Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
Vegetable Curry
Augerbine Parmigiana

I'm not a veggie either (I'm probably hated by you all as I'm a farmers daughter!!) but love loads of veggie dishes

My favs are cous-cous with roasted Balsamic veggies (peppers, red onion, cherry tomatos, cougette, etc)

I also love Tortilla filled with a garlicy cream cheese and peppers.
And home made veggie pizzas - hmmmmm!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back