Any vegetarians?

NavyLouise

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else on here is a vegetarian? I'm getting a few tuts at being a pregnant veggie and it's really annoying!

Also wondering if anyone's craved meat during their pregnancy? I haven't eaten it for years but suddenly find myself dreaming about eating a KFC! :0

Me Hun. Can safely say not a single chance of ever craving meat! Been veggie since I was 4 so that's 27 years now! Meat makes me feel sick. Nothing to do with the animal part, just hate the smell. It's only gotten worse during pregnancy. My oh hardly eats meat now (unless he cooks dinner himself or I send him to his mum!).

I've taken pregnacare and mw said that's enough. Xxx

I'm a veggie, but no-one has said anything to me yet! My OH is hoping I get a meat craving, but I think theres more chance of me eating the tile grout....

I'm pescatarian (sp?) - only eat fish, however went off fish most of way through pregnancy. I've had no problems at all even though I was sure I'd be low on iron at some point. I think when you're veggie you tend to be more aware and careful of what you eat anyway. I know I have been so conscious of eating much more fruit and veg. I've taken pregnacare too most of way through.

Meat cravings? - yip!! In first trimester even went and bought a cooked chicken as I always said to myself if this is what baby needs then that's what it shall have - listening to my body and all that!! But in the end I couldn't do it and hubby sat down with the whole chicken on a plate with a knife and fork and devoured it instead (he's such a carnivore!!)

I'm not a vegetarian but I would imagine that as long as you are eating a balanced, varied diet and taking some supplements (like pregnacare as Gayle says) then I dont see that it is an issue. Sod other people tutting at you - they will always find something to criticise - ignore them! :)

I'm not a vegetarian, I used to be until I became lactose intolerant and could not be a vegan (and my vegetarianism is mostly a dislike for meat rather than ethical reasons to be honest). I was advised to get some meat in my diet so I do eat chicken and some fish now (I eat meat once maybe twice a week). I find I get more hassle from people because I don't eat dairy and I'm pregnant, people don't seem to realise calcium comes from other places too. And not eating much meat doesn't help my cause.
But just eating a balanced diet and I'm on pregnacare throughout the entire pregnancy on midwife orders and I'm healthy and have a slightly big baby for the dates that is very healthy and active! The baby will take everything it needs from you so I always took comfort in that.
I have craved burgers and had a couple of mcdonalds trips which really were amazingly satisfying and worryingly I crave kebab lol.
As long as you know you're healthy and your baby is well then just everyone else can think what they want!

I'm not a vegetarian, but I may aswell be. I do like some meats, but tbh I can live without them.

I don't know anybody personally who craved meat, but Pheobe on friends did!! x

Thanks girls! I always take vitamins, eat well and have no signs of any anaemia or anything so I'm not really worried about that side of it.. :) I let people's opinions wash over me but it does get a bit annoying at times! I'm just sick of being asked 'what do you eat?' lol

I tried to be a veggie when I was younger. I used to get hot dinners and got sick of only being able to have cheese and crackers as there was no veggie option! x

Iv been a vegetarian for 21 years, yikes that makes me feel old, iv never had any problems whilst pregnant apart from my first when I was a vegan at the time and I needed iron supplements and felt generally rubbish, incidentally I brought my children up vegetarian too which raised a few eyebrows but they are happy and healthy and know I'm not fussed if they decide to eat meat.
with my last pregnancy I had shocking cravings for a steak or a big fat burger which amused everyone greatly lol but I never gave into temptation tho there were times I felt like a sneaky one and not telling anyone :)

Sarah7 I'm the same as you I just dislike meat and find it easy to eat something else instead :)

I am veggie & bad one coz I Donnt like much foods & also every low in iron, I also have a rare blood type so my midwife & the hospital like to keep a very close eye on me. I often get moaned ay for my eating even though iv improved so much for little bubba & make sure I eat right even if I Donnt like the food.

I once at about 3months really like the smell of a burger but that was the most iv had so far & I have been veggie for 8years.

Does anyone esle get really annoying questions of people about asking if your going to make your bubbas be veggie.
My oh isn't veggie so why would I make my baby x

Although i'll never eat meat even while pregnant iv got to go have a injection due to my blood type that is made from meat products but I am going to get this done due to the fact if I Donnt my body may reject my bubba so as I see it its not for me it for him. Any one else got to have this? X

Whats the injection Naomiileigh? I have to have Anti D soon - is it that?

And yeah I get asked the same, but wont be making baby vegetarian no. OH eats meat but not much so guessing she will be the same.
xx

Yeah its the anti D.
Yeah my oh is the same so bubbas likely to be the same x

:shock:They never told me it has animal products - oh well, needs must I guess. My mum has same blood as me. Wonder what this little monkey will be?

My OH said we can give her a vegetarian diet if I want but then I felt guilty about thngs like party foods when all her little friends were eating sausages and chicken nuggets! Lol. Not that I am suggesting she's fed junk. Just don't want her to miss out on things like I know I do at parties - and thats my choice. xx

:shock:They never told me it has animal products - oh well, needs must I guess. My mum has same blood as me. Wonder what this little monkey will be?

My OH said we can give her a vegetarian diet if I want but then I felt guilty about thngs like party foods when all her little friends were eating sausages and chicken nuggets! Lol. Not that I am suggesting she's fed junk. Just don't want her to miss out on things like I know I do at parties - and thats my choice. xx

My midwife told me straight away she did say they may have changed it but nor as far as she knows & their meant to tell you when yoy get it dones she said.
My mide wife also said babies most likely to have my ohs blood type than mine. But saying that I'm the only one in my family with my blood type.

Id never personally choice for my bubba as I feel its an personal choice & has to be choicen by your self
Am the only veggie in my hole family too I'm like the little odd one out lol. X

Must ask then, but suppose doesn't matter as we need it so no question bout having it!

Yep I'm leaving it up to her. Xx

Hi I'm a pregnant veggie (previously vegan) who had just got my iron levels back to normal before I conceived. I haven't checked my pregnancy vits as I'm pretty sure they will have fish oils in and don't want to think about it, but otherwise I'm upping my iron and protein rich foods and my doctor is completely unfazed. In fact lack of periods will improve my chances of getting anemic again! Just to point out my anemia was related to intestinal problems not my diet! Luckily I'm also craving spinach badly so that should help as well!
I'm currently trawling the web/forums for good vegetarian diet suggestions/recipes during pregnancy, so let me know how you get on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back