VBAC

spursdoggy

Reaction score
I had a c-section at 39 weeks due to my son being breach. I wasn't upset about not giving birth naturally and to be honest i'm a bit of wimp and the thought of giving birth terrifies me. (my son is now a healthy 3 year old)
I now have the choice elective c-sec or natural birth. I haven't got a clue what to do, anyone had similar experiences? would be great to hear from you.

Hi Spursdoggy, I am not really sure what to suggest, I think it is entirely up to you. Sometimes flipping a coin works as if it comes up c section and you are disappointed then you really know that you wanted a natural birth!! Bizarre I know but I do strange things!!

I had a c section first time round due to complications and I thought my 2nd baby was going to be big so i chose, on the advice of the docs another. I was very happy with my choice before I had the c section and to a certain extent still am but my scar hasnt healed well and im having the nurse in every day to tend to the scar. Im getting there but there is a niggle at the back of my mind saying if I hadnt chose this then I would be up, out and about just now.

There are pros and cons for both and this scar problem is rare and I had no problems with my first section.

Both times though I went into labour so I didnt avoid the pain, its not so bad though and im a big scardy.

thanx all, gave me something to think about.

Steph, reading your post was great, i must say the drive home over bumps brought back some memories i'd like to forget. If i have a c-sec next time i'll be finding an alternative route from the hospital.

I'm still thinking about the whole scar thing?? will they use the same incision?

I think things are so much harder this time round with my 3 year old to think about. Deep down i know i must try VBAC but the thought of it just scares the life out of me. SUCH A WIMP.

ps. congratulations Laura on the birth of you baby. I hope you feeling better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back