Vbac

sonia205 said:
Lauramum01, thats not a very positive attitude !!!
You have to fight i fought for my home water birth and although the birth in the end didnt envolove me birthing in the water that was because i was far to tired to labour in the pool safely and of corse i wasnt comfortable in it to birth.
You have to fight for what YOU want, noone else can fight but you!

XX-xx-XX
I think my attitude is very positive :D Im very happy to go with a csection as I now believe that is best for me and my baby.
Its all about choice and thats mine.

lauramum01 said:
sonia205 said:
You have to fight i fought for my home water birth and although the birth in the end didnt envolove me birthing in the water that was because i was far to tired to labour in the pool safely and of corse i wasnt comfortable in it to birth.

XX-xx-XX
I think my attitude is very positive :D Im very happy to go with a csection as I now believe that is best for me and my baby.

I dont think its a positive attitude after the way you worded the "why fight" message!! :|

sonia205 said:
lauramum01 said:
sonia205 said:

XX-xx-XX

I dont think its a positive attitude after the way you worded the "why fight" message!! :|

So because im not going to stamp my feet im being negative.Come on now :moon: If its a section thats required then I would rather come to terms with it now as I have done, be mentally prepared and go for it. That way after the op I can recover quickly which is what I done the last time. I wasnt break dancing the week after but it was quick.

I dont think its a positive attitude after the way you worded the "why fight" message!! :|[/quote]

So because im not going to stamp my feet im being negative.Come on now :moon: If its a section thats required then I would rather come to terms with it now as I have done, be mentally prepared and go for it. That way after the op I can recover quickly which is what I done the last time. I wasnt break dancing the week after but it was quick.[/quote]

If it section , does that mean you are going to try to VBAC??

There is every possibility that I could get my growth scan on the 4/7 and it could show as being a small baby. But if they can see a bigger baby that jess was then they want to section for both our sakes. If they dont want to section then thats fine but they can forget about keeping me on that bed, i will be up and about.

My point is, for me, i would rather know in advance whats happening. It would be very negative for me to go against what they say then end up with a section. Mentally I would be unprepared and being prepared is what gets me through.

But, if they say a section isnt really neccesary then i will be prepared and thats how it will go. In fact I will stay at home as long as I can.

Do you see where im coming from, i control it all that way.

:D Yes explained much better ths time Lol :D :D :D still have part of my pregnancy brain left..HAHA
Plus im blonde that dont help!!! :dance:

If everything looks positive towards a natural birth then you can either do everything at home like i did, or a domino scheme if they do that in your area, means you labour at home then in good time they transfer you to hospital for the delivery.

Good luck babs what ever youo choose, just hope you get to experience the natural experience of childbirth.
Did u have general for your caesarean section?
XX-xx-XX

hehe, i have blonde highlights and no brain.

I had a epidural quite early in the labour as they said at best this labour will be long so when I went to theatre it was topped up. They had to take my nail polish off. Of course, that had been the first thing on my mind that day :lol: :lol:

Thanks for your info, its good to have a debate with someone on something and for it not to be an argy bargy. (((hug)))

sonia205 said:
The painful car journey Steph, was this after the 4 days in hospital?? You should have wedged a cushion in between the seat belt, that might have helped...I discharged myself the day after the section and therfor share that painful car journey experience with you, Hun :x

Hi sonia, thanks for your post, it was realy helpfull! I came out from hospital 2 days after c-section, i asked to go home as i couldnt stand it in there any longer and just wanted to be at home!!! Yes i did wedge a cushion in between me and also had a large sanitary towel covering my wound but it was still sooooo painful! lol (i blame my mums driving! :wink: :lol: ) didnt have very stronge painkillers either which is what i needed! lol

Thanks for all the advice! :D

Lauramum good luck with everything, let us know how your scan goes! :D

steph
xx

lauramum01 said:
Thanks for your info, its good to have a debate with someone on something and for it not to be an argy bargy. (((hug)))

Hehe, Lol :D :D
yes it is good to havea debate without it getting all out of hand like some do do!!!
(hugs) back
Good luck with ur scan babs!
XXXX

P.s nice to know my information is loved, Lol
XXXxx

I'd love to try for VBAC but I'd be too scared that it wouldn't work! I had a c section due to failed progression after induction so chances are I guess that it wouldn't work again! I went through such a rough time that most of me thinks that if I had another one I'd judt go straight down and have another c section so I didn't have all the labour part for nothing again! I feel so crap though when I hear about how all these mum's pushed their babies into the world and I didn't get to experience it :(

Strangeness said:
I'd love to try for VBAC but I'd be too scared that it wouldn't work! I had a c section due to failed progression after induction so chances are I guess that it wouldn't work again! I went through such a rough time that most of me thinks that if I had another one I'd judt go straight down and have another c section so I didn't have all the labour part for nothing again! I feel so crap though when I hear about how all these mum's pushed their babies into the world and I didn't get to experience it :(

Hun my first was caesarean, and i know how you feel, but i am living proof vbac's do exist! Thats just typical of the NHS, i am so against medical induction its unbelieveable. If the baby isnt ready to come out it isnt ready to come out, no one should try and force the situation unless there is a problem and delivery is essential.
I too went through a rough time with the caesarean, i was badly treated in the hospital and therfor discharged myself the day after!
If you truely want a vbac you have to be strong willed and determined and not to mention think positive.
I had this vbac at home (HVBAC) and that needed alot of guts and determination to get through to the medical staff, they were using very harsh words to get me to labour in hospital, and concidering the standard of care last time that was definatly out of the question.

Strangeness said:
I'd love to try for VBAC but I'd be too scared that it wouldn't work! :(

Yea i feel like like that sometimes, im definitely going to try for a VBAC next time although im not getting my hopes up 100% as if it does end in another section i will just be dissapointed! bet hey i cant say i didnt try though! for me madly enough i quite enjoyed being in labour!! i had emergency c-section last time as they disscovered at the last minute he was face down (known as "face presentation") and couldnt be born that way, plus his heartbeat stopped due to the postion he was in. So im hoping next time things will be fine, i got to fully dilated so dont think it will be a problem!!! hmmmm time will tell i guess.... :think:

To be honest after having such a rough time with the c section I don't think I'd even have another baby. The hospital treated me like a pile of crap to be honest and they have put me off having another baby. I love my son to bits and would love another brother or sister for him but my birth has just stopped me from wanting to do it again! I was so ill after the c section because I was meant to have a blood transfusion and didn't and then wasn't started on iron till 3 days after the c section that I spent near enough two weeks trying to sort myself out which meant sleeping lots mostly because I was exhausted! I also got an infection which I believe came from the midwives making me walk round the hospital grounds to get my contractions stronger when my waters had broken and they didn't believe me! According to them it was discharge (yes disharge really runs down your legs!) I was so angry about the whole thing but hey at least me and my baby are fine now! I just don't know if I could handle it all again no matter how broody I am :(

Strangeness, bless you babes.
I too had a rough time with my first birth, the caesarean section. I think you wou
l think you would benefit from talking to me, as i have just had a very successful VBAC.
I thought after my caesarean thats it i cant handle it again, but i did, i wasnt gonna let one experience take over my want of brothers n sisters for my son and more children for myself.
please pm me, ill pm u my hotmail address so we can have a chat about things, sounds like u need to chat it out,
Take care everybody n speak soon strangeness !
XX-xx-XX

i have a crap time with my first as well and due going (what the hosptial calls over due) they induced me. now if i had had this web site the first time i would have said that i didnt want to even be considered for induction until over 42 weeks. but you always think that hospital knows best dont you? so when they induced me it didnt work so they gave me oxyton(sp) same as tracy, they kieran went into distress after 17 hours and i had an emergency under general. with joshua i wanted a natural, never heard of vbac at this stage, but they only let me go a week over then gave me a half strength pessary but nothing happened so another section.
with liam i asked for a vbac, was told that my hospital (where i work) do not practice vbacs and that i would have to go to brighton, 30 mins away. but anyway it was lucky that i didnt as i kept have BH around 35 weeks and it weakened my uterus, which is now paper thin and i have been advised no more kids, not for a few years anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back