Vbac clinic

Rubyredslipper

Reaction score
So I want an elective section after an emergency 2 years ago which ended up with a 2cweek stay in neonatal. However I've been told I have to go to a vbac clinic 😭 just seems like such a, waste of time and resources when I know I will not change my mind.
Anyonfe had to go to one knowing they want an elective? Just wondering what it will entail

I had an emergency c-section first time. Second time I was torn between VBAC and elective c-section so I also went to a VBAC clinic.

It was run by the Head of Midwifery, and I found it quite useful. She helped me decided I did want to try VBAC and she was able to give me 'permission' (for the want of a better word) to use the birthing pool and have wireless, waterproof monitoring as I'd have to be on delivery suite rather than the birth centre. She also agreed with my decision to not want the hormone drip. She wrote all my requests into a letter that went in the front of my notes.

When it came to the birth, the pool was in use and eventually my labour ended in emergency c-section again anyway, but I'm glad I tried.

This time, I've said I wanted an elective c-section from the moment I found out I was pregnant, everyone's agreed with my decision (consultant and midwife) so I've not had to go to the VBAC clinic. I had a phone call on Wednesday with my c-section date. I'm 32 weeks.

Thank you, that's really useful. I'm just worrying they'll try to push me into natural but I'm adamant after all that went wrong last time I want an elective. Consultant did say on the way out it would be OK but they have to document these things so hopefully it's just a tick box x

It’s a professional responsiblility to ensure that you are making informed decisions - once you’ve attended the clinic they’ll document your choices once you’ve been fully counselled about your options. It’s not them trying to force you into one option or another x

Hey just wanted to give you my experience of vbac after emergency section.

So my first born got into difficulties/became tired during labour, I didn't/couldn't progress pass 6cm and was rushed for an emergency section. The section wasn't plain sailing either but that's another horror story I won't inflict on you. With my second child I was adamant I didn't want a section at all so was willing to try vbac. They sent me to the clinic, we talked about what would and would happen. I had to be continuously monitor and they didn't have wireless so that was the down side to Vbac. However, the labour was fine, progressed normally. The midwife helped me move around as far as the cables would allow, and helped me with positions. The labour was text book, no problems to tackle and recovery was far easier and quicker then with my section. Me and baby was discharged the following day. This time round I'll be opting for vbac again, however now they have the wireless monitoring and I'll be taking full advantage of this.

I suppose you have to do what is comfortable for you. Personally for me I'll always opt vbac as section scares the hell out of me lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back