Utterly stupid,I know but...

zebrastripes

Reaction score
I am so paranoid that someone is going to try to take Willow off me.

I blame the Guardian for running an article in the G2 about babies being taken away from parents to fll adoption quotas.Of course,the story the other day about that 18 year old girl didn't help.Neither did my grandmother telling me that the authorities thought teenage mums were a "soft touch" and "easy game" :roll: :roll: (even though if it ever did happen,we as a family would raise merry hell - half my family are lawyers or journalists etc so..)

But seriously,it is so stupid-I don't do anything that would mean Willow could ve taken away- I'm responsible :lol: but I'm just so damn paranoid....I won't even get her a bouncer now because I'm afraid she might fall out of it or smething and they'd try to say it was me abusing her.

(NB: I am not usually so susceptible to what I read in the paper :lol: for some reason this has just stuck in my head :roll: )

Reassure me that i'm stupid please :D

Youre stupid. :lol:

But then I must be too. I have the same fears yet I know it wouldn't really happen.

:hug: :hug:

:lol: :lol:

I'm not usually like this but sometimes I get fixated on things. Like the time I thought my chickens were coming down with bird flu- I had to run out and check they weren't dying every day for a week-then i got over it :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I can get obsessed with silly things and I'm constantly thinking about something bad happening to the babies or the DH......Actually in his case, it could just be wishful thinking :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

awww dont even go there! EVERYTHING is going to happen to my kids!
everytime i hear of any crashes/bus accidents/landslides/freak winds/pile-ups/stabbings/murders/drownings/hangings or even alien abductions around the Huddersfield or Leeds area's i am straight on the phone to my son who is at Hudds Uni in his first year, he is so sick of me ringing to check he is ok he has stopped answering his phone!.....so i ring his girlfriend, she is in the flat next door so i know he will be there if he isnt in his own flat... :D ...well...he is only 19...lol.

I keep thinking this..not so much paranoid but concerned about the fact they can just do it for something so silly 8)

don't worry... I have paranoia over cot death atm... its gotten so bad that I've stopped sleeping properly at night and just stare at the baby for hours and hours... its driving me mad but I just can't get it out of my head :roll:

Welcome to motherhood :D

My elsest is 21 in Feb, and you think the worrying stops as they get older?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Not on your nelly!!!!!!!!!!

You just find age appropriate stuff to worry about!!!!!

My 15yr old son commented on how many grey hairs I have, I replied "Yes son, and they all have your name firmly etched on them, due to how much worry you have caused me"

I must be mad doing the whole thing over again :wink:

jue said:
I must be mad doing the whole thing over again :wink:

you are!!!! especially after 15 years... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: but then this would be the pot calling the kettle black.... WHY DID I DO IT AGAIN :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Hiya Zebrastripes,

I have the EXACT same fear due to past mental health issues. However, I spoke to my midwife who was very reassuring. Also as it was a few years ago and I have been 'signed back to saneness' (heh heh) by various psychiatrists etc, it isn't an issue anymore. She didn't even feel it necessary to mention it in my notes, particularly when I pointed out the long list of people around me who can recognise the symptoms now. (As can I).

Basically, according to the posts above we will be worrying about one thing or another for the rest of our lives. I guess as long as we don't let that worry take over our lives we will be fine.

First law of the HitchHiker's Guide is...

DON'T PANIC!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

i do think its normal, zebrastripes. i am paranoid about that too. im paranoid about loadsa things since i had melissa i wish i could chill like i used to but i worry about everything!

u have chickens? why do u live on a farm or something? sorry 2 b nosey im just curious iv never met anyone who owns any chickens!

trixipaws said:
i do think its normal, zebrastripes. i am paranoid about that too. im paranoid about loadsa things since i had melissa i wish i could chill like i used to but i worry about everything!

u have chickens? why do u live on a farm or something? sorry 2 b nosey im just curious iv never met anyone who owns any chickens!

No,we live in the middle of nowhere,it's just a cottage but we have about an acre of land/garden so we've got a bunch of hens and ducks :lol: we may be getting peacocks too...i'm so glad we do have the poultry because we use eggs constantly and when willow is older she'll enjoy chasing them :lol:

Tadpole said:
Hiya Zebrastripes,

I have the EXACT same fear due to past mental health issues. However, I spoke to my midwife who was very reassuring. Also as it was a few years ago and I have been 'signed back to saneness' (heh heh) by various psychiatrists etc, it isn't an issue anymore. She didn't even feel it necessary to mention it in my notes, particularly when I pointed out the long list of people around me who can recognise the symptoms now. (As can I).

Basically, according to the posts above we will be worrying about one thing or another for the rest of our lives. I guess as long as we don't let that worry take over our lives we will be fine.

First law of the HitchHiker's Guide is...

DON'T PANIC!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: I love hitchhiker's guide

aww hun im the same wen bray was ill last yr i was convinced they were gonna take him off me, but of course it was me being silly again

You daft mare!

You may only be 16 hun, but your a fantastic mum and even though im 24 Im still worried deep down that il take them too the doctors one day and they will think god only knows what.

I think in this day and age you do have to be wary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back