• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UTI's

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Had a bit of a rough day, spent most of it waiting at the out of hours surgery!

Basically been feeling unwell last few days and went to out of hours surgery after I nearly fainted this morning. Keep having dizzy spells just lately.
The doc said I've got a severe UTI and has given me antibiotics. I hate taking medication let alone when I'm pregnant but I don't want to take any risks with LO. Plus in the past I've been hospitilized twice with kidney infections in the past.

I'm just a bit worried though the doc said if the baby moves too much or too little I should go to hospital straight away. But what is too much or too little. Baby seems to not move much in the day anyway abd quite a bit at night, which it is tonight tbf. But it's just so difficult to judge :/

Anyone else had a UTI and know much about it?
xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hi rach, I have been treated 3 times for uti/kidney infection in the last 7 weeks now. I have never been advised about baby's movements though so not much help on that sorry. I have been advised though to be careful as this increases your risk of pre term labour so you must take it easy and take pain relief when you need it. I am like you and hate taking medication but the midwife assured me that it was safe and taking paracetamol regularly was ok too (although i would only take 1 at a time rather than 2). If it doesnt clear up get to your gp straight away too. Sorry i cant be much more help on the movement though, I did notice my baby moved a lot more again once i started to feel better and was very quiet when i was in a lot of pain with it in the beginning but they didnt seem overly concerned about this. If your worried phone your midwife for reassurance.

hi i cant remember having a UTI to be honest but really hope you feel better soon last thing you need! Maybe worth giving your MW a quick call just for reassurance.

But in regards to movement you will start to gauge whats normal movement for you.
I think the same the hospital occasionaly says to me oooh if you dont feel nothing for a few hours etc call in and i just turn around and say well i only feel lil baba about twice a day for a few mins. So if i never felt lil baba those twice i would go hospital. So just judge everything yourself :) xxx

Thanks for your replies :) I've updated in Bump Buddys W.Mids seen as your both in there :D xx

oooh i had lots of uti's when pg with madison, one time i had to use THREE canesten duo's in a row to clear it sorry for tmi but i got massive boils and everything down below was gross!!

towards the end i found constantly drinking lemon barley dilute kept them at bay xx

I suffered a lot in tri 2 and ended up with kidney stones as well but touch wood I've been ok in tri 3. You should take the antibiotics as you don't want the infection getting worse. I've really upped the amount I've been drinking since then, you need a lot more fluids during pregnancy anyway so the amniotic fluid can be cleaned. Baby's movements will be what is normal for you so if baby seems to move the same as usual then that's ok. Just like us some babies are more active and fidgety than others. Hope you feel better soon x

oooh i had lots of uti's when pg with madison, one time i had to use THREE canesten duo's in a row to clear it sorry for tmi but i got massive boils and everything down below was gross!!

towards the end i found constantly drinking lemon barley dilute kept them at bay xx

Blimey that doesn't sound very nice at all :shock:
Lol the things we put ourselves through ay :) all worth it!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back