usless hospitals

hugsy

Reaction score
Hey girs

Well after my vomiting blood fiasco on thursday I woke up at 3am with the worst pain I have ever felt, Like someone stabbed my and twisted the knife, It came and went every few seconds so we went to A and E, Explained the pain and also mentioned the blood from thursday,

They took a sample to make sure i didnt have a UTI and the nurse said it could be ectopic and sent me to a room to wait for the doctor, 2 hours later the doctor came in fel my tummy and said it was probably just normal pregnancy pain but would get the dopler to listen to the heart beat

He couldnt find one!!! he told me not to worry that it was probably just a bad angle. now I was sitting there exhausted and worried sick and with my history of pcos and being high risk for ectopic and he wouldnt even do a scann to see if he could see the baby just sent me on my way hoping that it was just a bad angle

Im so angry the hospital was empty there were no other patients waiting all u could hear was nurses and doctors having a laugh talking about tv programs they watch would it have killed him to do a scann and reasure me everything was ok :-( sorry for the rant it just made me feel like I wasted my time going as I came home more worried than when I went

that sounds terrible hun sorry you have been going through so much, so what now? Did they just say it would all be ok or are you going to try and see your GP for a second opinion. Ignorant t**ts cant believe they would put you through that

Oh I feel for you. I had a bleed at 13 weeks and he didnt even try the doppler, just tried to hand me papers with information about miscarriage, I practically stormed out!

Last edited:
I have my midwife bookin in app on Tuesday so gonna hope she give me an early scann as I still need one to date it because of the pcos, DH says he gonna demand they do one lol but id say they might make me make app and go back for it so guess il just have to sit tight untill then

Just so pissed off over it all, I did explain how awful id been feeling and how the pain was nothing like the "normal" pains and cramps I have allready it but he didnt seem bothered and didnt even say anything about vomiting the blood

Just have such a bad feeling now

a friend of mine is about 6 weeks and she has a history of MC and she went and sat in A&E until someone saw here, she even had to lie and say she was about to pass out due to stomach pains so they would scan her, they turned her away previously saying it was normal but you just cant take that chance, so pathetic you have to stoop to that level to get the healthcare your taxes pay for but thats what she had to do.

wish I had of thought of doin that may need to do a bit of exagerating on Tuesday then to make sure i get my early scann at my bookin in app

Just so worn out today from it all but still have some nausea although not as bad as perviously but must be a good sign all the same

How have you been feeling?

I'm so sorry to hear that! Hope everything sorts out for you!

:hugs:

How have you been feeling?

not too bad thank you, no sickness yet but very crampy and bloated. posted my bump in the bumpy pics thread today I am showing well already.

You should just take yourself off to A&E and say you are bleeding and you are in agony and make them scan you, sounds awful to lie about something like that but if that is what it takes for them to see you then thats what it has to be. I hope it all works out for you, I would make a complaint about the doctors you saw, sounds to me like they all just couldnt be arsed. Terrible :-( xxx

That is absolutely terrible - but sadly, not totally surprising. I would definitely make a formal complaint. I really feel for you, and think if I were you I would either go back or go to another A&E (if there is one not too far away). Good luck.. xx

Oh No!!
Hope they sort it for you, I'm sure I read somewhere that they don't do scans one weekends. But midwife told me yesterday they do so can't see why the doctor wouldn't give you one. Hope its not an e.p. hun. Hope everything is okay and midwife gives you an early scan, make sure you mention it!!
xx

To be honest Zoe I think he just didnt give a F$%K I live in the Isle of Man its the only hospital and 3am of a friday Night A and E was empty they were no where near busy The triage nurse said they would take a urine sample and if it wasnt a UTI they would do a scann to rule out ep but then I was left waiting for the doc n he just wanted to get back to chattin to his mates I was so shattered at that point I wasnt thinking clearly enough to demand one. Just so worried after the doppler wouldnt pick up anything cos im at least 8 if not 10 or more weeks there so should be a heart beat but trying not to think about it untill tuesday

Hun its too early for doppler, my mw wouldnt even do it at 16 weeks, Its a disgrace how you were treated

God it makes me so mad to hear the way you got treated! My mum is a nurse and one of the few who actually do the job to help people no matter what, she couldnt give two craps about the money ( she has a rich fella ) it is a shame that all people in healthcare dont have their patients prioritys at no1 instead of thier own. Its disgusting if you ask me! xx I really hope everything is ok for you hunx

Hun its too early for doppler, my mw wouldnt even do it at 16 weeks, Its a disgrace how you were treated

Realy? oh thanks so much I hope thats true, I thought they worked from the min the heart started to beat been too scared to google it any more but think I will now

This whole thing is just wearing me down and making me so negitive, Im always the one with the " everything will be fine" attitude no matter what iv gone trough but i just cant seem to snap out of this rut

Ahhhhh sorry for moaning girlies and thanks for the support I hate that were not telling anyone so i have no one to talk to, I did tell a older women in work as I needed help hiding my nausea but not the sort i can jut txt for advise lol

Dont be sorry you donut, this is the place for groans and moans hahah x

Thanks Lynette that made me laugh .....donut hahaha

Just had a nice happy google and knopk is right so stupid doctor shouldnt have even tried feeling much better now yaiii :)

Realy? oh thanks so much I hope thats true, I thought they worked from the min the heart started to beat been too scared to google it any more but think I will now

This whole thing is just wearing me down and making me so negitive, Im always the one with the " everything will be fine" attitude no matter what iv gone trough but i just cant seem to snap out of this rut

Ahhhhh sorry for moaning girlies and thanks for the support I hate that were not telling anyone so i have no one to talk to, I did tell a older women in work as I needed help hiding my nausea but not the sort i can jut txt for advise lol
at 8 weeks the baby is still so low down its impossible to catch them. I had an appointmengt at the hospital at 16 weeks and it took them good 5 mins to fin the heartbeat.
I had an early scan at 8 weeks, they are tiny! Do demand a scan though

woohoo i am feeling better as i have my full belly out in all its wondefull glory and I am sat eating digestive biscuits and knitting my bubba a blanket....only dropped 4 stitches not to bad for a beginner, not too sure the biccy crumbs are doing it many favours like...oh well :)

LOL get you all knittin allready, Think i might give that a go take my mind off things, My nanny thought me to knitt when I was little but could only do square stuff couldnt do a cardi r anything lol

Im so fully my self tonight my belly is massive i look 6 months wonder will we still be due the same day after our dating scans? Just noied our bubbas became respberrys today too

ooo yeah we are the same haha! My belly is rock solid and hangs right over my leggings and you know what i just do not give a flying monkeys bumhole!

Yeah I am only knitting a blanket god couldnt knit a cardi poor bubba would end up having a sleeve for a neck and everything. It is so easy hun, all I am doing is a simple knitted pattern, with a moss stitch border ( not as complicated as it sounds trust me ) if you know how to do a common knit stitch and a purl stitch you are away, youtube has some good videos to help. My nan showed me the other day how to do it though. She is knitting an arran cardi for my bubba and you know she uses FOUR needles, she is like a machine I was totally in awe, i took up knitting to take my mind off smoking and I cant even talk when I am doing it as I concentrate so hard haha theres a few holes but hey i am sure bubba wont mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back