Using OPKs at 8pm?

LauraB

Reaction score
Stupid computer over-heated last night and my spare PC decided to go off on one as well, so I've had barely any internet access last night and all of today - feel like my arms have been cut off :evil: On a happier note though, I spent the day gutting my office and cleaning every last inch to a sparkly finish, so perhaps it was a good thing after all :cheer:

Anyway, got my main PC working again temporarily - question is ....... with all the excitement I forgot to do an OPK ..... does anyone know whether results are reliable if the test is done at about 8pm? I'm off to do one now anyway, but just wondered whether I should take any notice of it or not? Ta!

From what I have read I would think so yer, it says the day is best to test as long as you haven't ha much to drink, piddled for x hrs an all that :lol:

as long at its not fmu then itll be fine. Ive known some people do opks twice a day and have done the second one in teh evening

Well shine a light, I think it's bordering on positive! That's early for me ...... gonna dip another one now to double-check lol :twisted:

I am so stupid - in all my hand-shaking eagerness I've ripped open one of a new batch, haven't used these before ...... oh well, it's a good way of cross-checking I suppose!

Pah, this one has come up with a negative!

teehee, I think I'm going to dip just one more from the old batch - the ones I'm used to ........ :lol: :lol:

Nah, they all look negative - but the two from my normal batch are definitely nearly there ... maybe tomorrow then eh?!!

This area of the forum should be renamed 'PeeStickOholics' :rotfl:

It should ..... I've never used so many sticks in one go! Well, apart from the time one turned green but I won't go into that again .... :oops:

:rotfl: :rotfl: That was funny!
I dont understand OPKs, when is it that u can tell when ur O?
Ive had like 6-7 days of faint lines but one was almost as strong as control line. They arent mega faint stand-on-one-leg-rip-it-apart-to-see-the-line-faint, just not as strong as they should be!! So have i O or will i O? Grrrr :evil:

lol do tell :p

I think you should rename this section, it would certainly bring a smile to those of us ttcers who get down once in a while.

JC ..... you can tell, when both lines are the same colour, or the test line is darker than the control line. Otherwise, it's a negative. Or perhaps a dodgy one. :lol:

AG ..... it was nothing medical, thankfully :lol:

It's just that I had a batch of dodgy tests which were being streaky, and then one of them just turned green for no apparent reason ....... very strange! I did get a load of replacements from the seller though :)

Lol, not as dodgy as GREEN! Id shit myself if i saw that!!
I dont wanna keep wasting my OPKs! Shall i carry on testing or just give up? bearing in mind my cycle is on day 53 and counting!!??!! :evil:
Its so frustrating!! Y am i getting faint lines?? Id rather none at all and wait ti after AF if she ever shows! It getting beyond arriving 'fashionably late' now!! Now she's being rude!! :lol:

It must be a right pain JC ..... it's down to you really - if you don't mind keep spending your money and getting faint positives then I say go for it (it's what I'd do, I wouldn't be able to cope if I missed the solar eclipse without knowing it was coming!) ..... what do you think you'll do?

probably carry on using them lol! Id go nuts if i didnt! Cheers honey xx speak soon! xxx

Do you guys all get your opk's from ebay??
Can you recommend decent sellers??
I used the clearblue ones for awhile in Oct, Nov & Dec, never got a surge, and it got a bit expensive. (although doing it gave the doctors a kick up the butt to refer me to the hospital!!)
Want to get some, but not pay through the nose!!!
(cos i'll end up using 20 of them in a month hoping to not miss the solar eclipse!!)

xox

fertilityplan is who i got mine from. Very friendly and respond to emails fast!
£10.49 for 50 test strips, or £13 for 50 tests plus 10 early HPTs!
Plus its buy it now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back