Urine infections!

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
Does anyone really understand them??

I've had two urine infections already and when I went this morning for midwife app they told me that there was a trace of blood and protein in it AGAIN. But the silly woman made me pee over a dipstick and I emptied my bladder doing that, so I couldn't pee in a bottle after that to send to the lab, so I have to take a urine sample in first thing tomorrow sigh.

What's confusing me though is last time I was given antibiotics after the dipstick test, but then the lab result came back and said it was 'inconclusive' and that the dipstick test was unreliable and there wasn't really blood in the urine at all, and so i had to finish the antibiotics for nothing cos you can't just start and stop them, just in case there was a culture in there!

The whole thing is really confusing me and driving me nuts. Does anyone else get hassle with their urine checks? I've got tummy pains now but i think this might be phantom pains just from thinking about it lol, aghh!

Two days ago my doc called me to say I had one.

I used to get them all the time as a kid (i have bad kidneys) and thought I had them sussed, but apparently in pregnancy it's different.

He was saying it's something to do with there being less room in the pelvis, so the tubes that pee flows through get squashed and the pee doesn't flow as well, or can even back up. This causes the infections and build up of protines etc.

The infections - I assume - are what leads to blood, puss, etc, coming out in the pee.

There's not much we can do about them short of regular visits to the loo and lots of check ups. Good news is that once baby shuffles away from the pelvis area things go back to normal!

I actually had an infection constantly for the first 15 weeks or so of my pregnancy and took quite a few antibiotics for it. Since then my waters have been clear, so hopefully, if they get you on the right ones for long enough, it should clear. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back