Urine Infection :|

x_PlaceboDanii

Reaction score
I cant understand it!. I felt fine before!, how did i end up with that?, its one of those things i didn't even notice i had, ive had no pain when i pee, i dont ache down below..I cant understand how ive ended up with it but its apparently really common in pregnancy.

I was wondering if you can get it more than once in pregnancy?, im not really having a brilliant time taking amoxycillin (sp?) Ive only taken two today but already i feel really weak and disgusting!, im eating fine but im putting it down to anti biotics as they usually do make me feel that way when i take them, last time i had amoxycillin i had tonsillitis and they advised me to take it half an hour before meal time, would it matter if i took them at any time or do they have to be taken at meal time?

Sorry, just needed a whine as i hate anti biotics :lol:

Hiii, I'm currently on my third urine infection and my third lot of amoxicillin :( so I'm afraid to say that yes you can it get it more than once. The antibiotics knock me about a little bit they've been making me feel a bit tired and drowsy so I always try and take mine with a meal or just after. Plus I'm supposed to take 3 a day anyway so it coincides with meals anyway. They are crap but unfortunatly a common thing in pregnancy. Hope you feel better soon xx

drink lots of cranberry juice and you should be clear from them. When i found out i had a urine infection i jumped straight onto the cranberry and when they tested again it was gone and thats with no drugs! so no feeling icky-unless you hate cranberry juice :)

I was the same when I got my urine infection - didn't feel any symptoms - would never have known I had one - still not convinced I did! Took the antibiotics and tbh they didn't really affect me. midwife told me sometimes you are told you have a UI but it can be contamination. Hope you are soon feeling better... :)

yes its common sorry!!

and be careful with the antibiotics as mine gave me bad thrush after water infection x made me feel really miserable so if you get itchy and sore go to the chemist asap

Its safe to say im not itching or anything yet :).

I love cranberry juice but since i got pregnant the thought of drinking it disgusts me so it looks like im going to have to put up with amoxicillin, horrible stuff!

You can get cranberry tablet things from holland and Barrett :) they might help xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back