Nitrates in urine?

x_PlaceboDanii

Reaction score
I had my midwife appointment on Tuesday, i gave in my urine sample, they did the dippy thing and apparently i have traces of nitrate in my urine..Ive no idea what that means!:confused:..I know i should know with being 25 weeks pregnant, but it baffles me.

Ive read on google (I know, slap my hands for looking on google!:lol: ) and apparently it could either be another UTI (Ive already had 1 this pregnancy) or something to do with my kidneys:shock:..Now im quite scared!

Ive been trying to drink more water in hope of it flushing out the nitrates, but ive had them since October, had anti biotics and that still hasn't done anything..If its a trace do you think they'll let it slide and not give me any more of those horrible anti biotics!:(

Has anyone had this, drank water and it disappeared? :)

Didn;t want to read and run honey..

*Slap the wrists* for google :), if the midwife didn;t explain it properly she should have so I would call her back or call the maternity unit in your notes and explain to them.

Hope you get it sorted :)

xxxx

Yeah, its just a sign that you could have another uti. Its really common during pregnancy, so dont worry too much about it. Continue to drink plenty water and cranberry juice is good too. If the antibiotics didnt work they possibly need to look at giving you different ones. If its just a trace I really wouldnt worry.

Everytime so far that I've been to see the Midwife I have a trace too, then always have a second sample sent off which is another weeks wait and it always comes back clear! They cant worry that much if they make me wait over a week each time to test. Keep drinking plenty of fluids, always good to flush out your system as much as poss anyways. If it was something to worry about they will do something about it quick and tell you about it. :)

When I came back from Spain in December, the docs thought I had a pulmonary embolism so I was admitted to hospital for an array of horrid tests, my urine showed slight trace of nitrates and the doc said it was prob cystitis, it cleared up on it's own, strangely I didn't have the usual symptoms :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back