Urine Infection :(

Naaat

Reaction score
Just got a call from the midwife saying that there's an infection in my urine. So tomorrow I have to get some antibiotics. Thing is, I know I'll get thrush. Last time I was on antibiotics I had really bad thrush and I really just don't want to have to go through that hassle again.
Does anyone know a way I can prevent my self getting thrush from the antibiotics?
Gah this really has pissed me off. I feel so upset. There's just one thing after another. :(

I'm not sure you can prevent it as such :( But at the same time as the antibiotics I'd also ask for a thrush treatment so you can catch it quick :hug:

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I'll ask the midwife when I talk to her tomorrow if I could get the pessary and cream to use just in case.

Argh I know exactly how you feel :(

I've had to take antibiotics for the last week to get rid of a water infection and now been told I've got to take others for the next 2 weeks to keep it away. Been using cream about 3 times a day since but its not done much to help unfortunatley and I can't even get in to see my midwife for another week to see if there's anything else I can do :(

I found the pessary really helpful last time. Have you tried that?

Also I found things like washing down there with cold water would help. Especially after going for a bath as I read that damp, warm areas are the perfect conditions for thrush. Also I'm drinking Yakult as it restores good bacteria which antibiotics take away from your body which then causes thrush. Tea tree oil is meant to help but not recommended for pregnant women so can't use that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back