pinkyprincess

Reaction score
I've just received my first maternity pay, on my payslip it says

SMP £128.73
Then
Tax deducted -89.40
Then
Net pay £218.13

Is that really all I get?!?! Is that wrong?

I'm only meant to be on statuary, that can't be right?!?

Stat pay is just over £128 per week - I am on Maternity Allowance and it is the same - didn't think you should be getting taxed though?

Yeah, that is what you should be getting per week. Your monthly payslip should say 4 x that much!

I need to check my bank but I think I've been severally underpaid!!!

that tax has actually been credited, not deducted. hmrc must have overtaxed you a bit previously.

The tax is a rebate, your obviously in credit with tax, but the smp should be four weeks worth. Xxx

No you shouldn't be taxed, I'd check it out and have a moan cos it should show 4 weeks worth, unless, its your first week, and they are paying it at end of month iykwim, then end of march youlll get 4 weeks?

Its so confusing they taxed
Me too pinky... X

Yes you get taxed on SMP, but often they have taxed you previously thinking you will be earnig that much every month, which obviously you aren't earnig as much now. So you may find you get some tax back. But as a rule all SMP earnings are taxed

So I've been paid for one week, but when I'm paid for a month that'll be taxed, even tho it's a pittance?

I'm pretty sure you'll be taxed as you'd have used up your tax free allowance when you worked the beginning of the tax year! X

Yep I get tax take off mine, I dont get 4 weeks worth because my payslip is monthly so if a month is more or less than 4 weeks I get money added or deducted its a frickin nightmare to keep track of :(

Don't know what ur work policy is but they assess amp between week 17-24 of pregnancy f off sick in that time they lessen the amount u receive based of the average amount worked x

Yep your taxed on it, But it should show your four weeks worth xx

going to be taxed and unfortunately the £140 a month I pay into a NHS pension is gonna be taken from me as well :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back