*UPDATED PG 1* 34 week scan and other things...

Tillytots said:
ahh you'll be fine if you have the hips hun :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I have really wide hips and a big bottom for such a little person....OH has always said I had child bearing hips...even my Dad said it the same other day :lol:

YAY for biffs! I bet we all have average size babies now :rotfl:

lol well I have hips for sure :rotfl: Blooming things are huge. Goes with the rest of my frame though. My mother said when she was expecting me they kept telling her I was going to be huge, I came out 8lb 6 or so. Not massive. She has a frame like me also and was fine.

And yup, we probably will :rotfl: TBH if LO is under 9lb I shall consider that average :lol: Hubby's brother at 9lb 6 or so worries me a little but still, my MW said anything under 10lb is usually fine during homebirth and she has even had 11lb'ers before on occasion :shock:

Christina1979 said:
Christina1979 said:
What does BIFF stand for? :?

did ask this in tech etc ages ago but got no reply :(

OK paranoia is setting in and Im thinking I may be invisible :( :(

Will someone tell me what BIFF stands for, I know its big baby but dont know exact translation....

:? :? :?

Er... this might be my fault as I think I first used the term "biff". It's not an acronym (that is, it doesn't actually STAND for anything), it's just a term my OH uses to describe me now I'm really really fat. I've been using it on here since Tri 2 and it just seemed alliterative and nice to talk about "biff babies" as so many are having them.

So, sorry, it doesn't actually MEAN much and you can blame my OH :rotfl:

debecca said:
Christina1979 said:
Christina1979 said:
What does BIFF stand for? :?

did ask this in tech etc ages ago but got no reply :(

OK paranoia is setting in and Im thinking I may be invisible :( :(

Will someone tell me what BIFF stands for, I know its big baby but dont know exact translation....

:? :? :?

Er... this might be my fault as I think I first used the term "biff". It's not an acronym (that is, it doesn't actually STAND for anything), it's just a term my OH uses to describe me now I'm really really fat. I've been using it on here since Tri 2 and it just seemed alliterative and nice to talk about "biff babies" as so many are having them.

So, sorry, it doesn't actually MEAN much and you can blame my OH :rotfl:

LOL :rotfl: ahhh you see I have been trying to work out the words for AGES!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ok I can relax now :moon: :wink: :lol:

monster_munch said:
:hug:

Biff babies rock though ;)

I have to say your whopper is inspiring me :lol: :D If you can do it I'm sure I can :cheer: I did read you said about George's shoulders being a bit stuck and wondered how that went for you? I ask as I am on the larger size now and if baby is also its my one main niggle.

monster_munch said:

:cheer: :cheer: Yes they do! (mine was 6lb 2oz approx at 34 weeks - looking like it will be around the 9lb mark, find out more next week)

Happybunny said:
monster_munch said:

:cheer: :cheer: Yes they do! (mine was 6lb 2oz approx at 34 weeks - looking like it will be around the 9lb mark, find out more next week)

Did they say approx? Or was that an estimate and predicted based on scan etc like mine? I was told they could not be exact so far along as baby is curled up, measurements can't be definate.

The margin for error is large tbh and in a fair percentage they are off the mark by a fair bit (usually the baby weighs less).

I'm still reading but I am far from convinced that being induced or a C section because we are on the larger size (myself or baby) is of any real benefit. Certainly both are more stressful for the baby. Of course in case of genuine emergency a C section is the only option left maybe, but that's a wait and see thing in my book.

I have big hips so apart from it hurting a bit - there was no problem - midwives will move you if they get stuck, but you've described yourself as having child bearing hips (they also rock!) so I doubt it will be a problem :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back