Update

positivity :)

Reaction score
so after stressing and crying for 24 hours i got my OH to call the midwife today to ask more about this papp-a and premature birth problem.

he spoke to a different midwife who said that at the moment all they have is this low result, it doesn't mean the baby is low weight or small just that they need to monitor me closely to make sure that doesn't happen!

she also said i could go on to have a completely normal pregnancy. she really reassured OH who has made me feel much better about it all.

she said baby is in no danger, the papp-a test is something only a very few hospitals test for and its only been used for the past 6 months, they know very little about it at the moment but what they do know is that premature birth is a risk but doesn't mean it WILL happen.

i feel so much better, thanks for your support everyone. i'm going to try my best to think positive now!! and relax until 27th June.

On another note, on 27 June i'm having a scan, i'll be 15+3 does anyone know if they will be able to see the sex? xx

Glad you feel a bit more relaxed today, its good your being monitored and they have picked it up. Think you might be able to tell the sex as a lot of people have had sexing scans at 16 weeks and you will be pretty close to that!

Aaahh pos :hug: well thats a far more positive outlook than before :) xxx

Thanks girls! Yeah the other midwife said 'the baby is small and low weight' I think my OH thinks I'm going mad but she did say that! She obviously said too much!! Xx

Bloody midwives honestly sometimes they say things and panic us so unnecessarily!!! So relieved to hear everything is ok, and at least you'll be monitored so they'll spot things before they become a problem and prevent them!!

oh that's very reassuring! Looks like the first mw wasn't very good - what was the point of getting you all stressed out like that? She should have tried to be reassuring and supportive!

I'm very glad that it all sounds so much better now and you are not that worried anymore xx

so glad you are feeling better... lots of peeps have sexing scans at 16... so you probably will be able to tell! how exciting!!! xxx

So glad your mind has been put at ease and you can now concentrate on looking forward to your next scan xx

my friend had her 1st scan around 15 weeks 6 days and they told her the sex.. but then said its not a definate but when she went for her 20 week scan they was right! :)

So glad it's not something to worry about! And so exciting about your upcoming scan. They can sometimes tell the sex that early, take a look at this website, it has pics of the different developements so even if they don't tell you you might be able to take a peek yourself ;)

Good luck!

http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

Glad you're feeling better Hun, I'm sure you and bubba will be fine. :)

xx

Oh that's great pos :)

So glad you can chill out a bit more xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111