Back from scan..

so pleased lo has put on weight !!! all sounds positive !!! I had an amnio with Ethan at 17weeks cos of high risk Downs. they scan u and put a needle intop your belly to get a sample of fluid. normally takes 3 working days to get the Downs result little longer for the full report and there is a 1 in 100 chance of miss carriage i think (at the stage of pregnancy I was at ). Its all very scarey when they say these things we have only had the basic blood tests with the others since !!! Our think is is if its serious it will show on scans hospitals say different but thats just our personal way of looking at it !!!!

All sounds really good though hun and from your pic your bump is bigger than mine !!!! xxxxxx

Hun, sounds really positive! Good you got a bit of time to think things over and at the 20week scan they may be able to tell more! Xx glad LO is getting a bit chubbier! Xx

Glad baby is looking well hun and I wish you all the best for the tests and next scan! :) xxx

Glad things were positive on the whole - sounds like you've got some talking and thinking to do so good luck and I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you :hugs:

Hi hun,

Just read this :hug: Hope you're ok. The news sounds positive.

xxxxx

thank you sweetie! nearly 12 weeks already! wow, not long til ur joining us in here :dance: xxxxx

Just read this, i hope ur ok and ur right not to google it! The internet can be a bad place! (not here of course :) )

Its good news bubs has put weight on :) sorry to hear you need additional testing :( hoping all goes well for you hun :hug:

pinky im currently attending hillingdon hospital too :) soon to be watford though.. moved from south ruislip to hayes temporarily then here :)

I think its brilliant, i had both my girls there (in the same room lol) and it was fine :) had a hard time with aftercare as i was a 'young mum' and some of the night watch midwives just didnt give a crap.. but that was 7 years ago now..

Theyve been very thorough with my appointments as ive had cervical treatment (other hospitals havent-ive heard) and ive had many other kinds of apps with them (lots of things wrong with me lol) and theyve always been very good :)

Id gladly have another baby there but im living in watford now and it makes sense to be at a closer hospital.. but ive stayed with hillingdon as long as i can..
xx

Hi! I've been away and i think i've missed all this! Whats going on? How are you feeling hun? It sounds like the baby is normal and healthy, will you get a scan to check that it still is before you have to decide about the amnio?

Reall sorry I've not been around :hug:

hello star, always so lovely to see you on here :friends: hope u and little one are well xxx

well due to this low papp-a they are a bit concerned, to be completely honest i'm not totally sure what it means myself and neither are the consultants and midwives.

me and OH had a good chat about it and have decided to go ahead with the test, i think waiting won't help, it just means a bigger bump and closer bond if anything does go wrong, it will be harder.

so we are booked in for the amnio next wednesday afternoon. wish me luck!! xxxxx

I do, I wish you every luck in the world and will be thinking of you next week all day til you log on and let us know you are ok xxxxx

thanks star, are you ok? hope work isn't still knocking you out everyday?? how is ur little baba!? xxxx

Still getting a lot of headaches and v tired and have cut work hours right down out of necessity, but i've told them why and they were fine (for now). But i think i have a tiny bit more energy now i've done that. i go to bed at 9pm instead of 6pm, lol, which is nice ;-)

I think Squiggle is fine, I can feel his/her little heart beating away if i press my tummy, so thats a good sign, just really looking forward to the next scan.

I'm still so happy and grateful that we have got this far :love:

aw, wow amazing you can feel the heartbeat, what is ur guess in terms of sex!? i'm going to guess a boy!!

i know, its still amazing we are here :dance: xxx

LOL, everyone thinks its a boy, my mum, my accupuncturist says the heatbeat suggests a boy, but my DH has convinced himself its a girl and picked out a name and stuff and so for his sake i hope it is. I havent a clue, i just want it to be healthy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back