**Update**I haven't been to the loo for...

Dee83

Reaction score
2 and a half weeks!!!! I am feeling pretty ill because of it!:puke:

I eat a high fibre diet, lots of fruit and veg (i'm a vegetarian) and drink 3litres of water a day. I've suffered with constipation, IBS, all of my life so am kind of used to it but this is just ridiculous! During this "spell" of it i have been taking lactulose twice a day. As that wasn't working i told my midwife who told me to try Senocot Max strength so i took that for 3 nights on the run and it had absolutely no affect. I then used a suppository (up my bum - tmi!) which also didn't help at all which leads me to believe that the blockage is higher up my bowel! Oh and i have also been drinking prune juice over the last few days, also with no affect.

I'm really really worried about it. The baby is having to share its space with all of the poo!!!!! 2 and a half weeks worth of three meals a day! It's also very toxic to be having it all inside me for so long :sad:

I could have a food intolerance or something couldn't i so i should get that checked out i suppose.

Going to the doctors in the morning and thinking that, as i've tried everything already, she may offer me an enema. I'm a bit nervous as to what it might be like and whether it will hurt. Has anyone had an enema???

xxxxx

Last edited:
:hug: I hope the doc can help! I havent had an enema but Im sure it doesnt hurt, and you'll feel a lot beter afterward

Thanks Pinky. I'm feeling really poo at the mo - no pun intended! xxx

I don't know if you can take it when pregnant but after I had Jack I got bad constipation and took Milk of Magnesia. I only had to take half of the reccommended dose and it worked within an hour! Might be worth reading whether it can be takien during pregnancy seeing as you've tried all the other remedies! I was only constipated for 3 days and that was horrendus so I feel very sorry for you hun! Hope you get it sorted quickly! :) x

Thanks Tiny, i hope so too xxx

oh you poor love :hug: Enema's arent painful hun alot of our patients have to use them before treatment, and they say it is just inconvienent! hope the doc can help you

I don't know if you can take it when pregnant but after I had Jack I got bad constipation and took Milk of Magnesia. I only had to take half of the reccommended dose and it worked within an hour! Might be worth reading whether it can be takien during pregnancy seeing as you've tried all the other remedies! I was only constipated for 3 days and that was horrendus so I feel very sorry for you hun! Hope you get it sorted quickly! :) x

Thanks hun. I've just googled it and it's safe during pregnancy. Think i've gotten a little to constipated for it now though but i will defo try it if i have any more problems in the future! xxx

oh you poor love :hug: Enema's arent painful hun alot of our patients have to use them before treatment, and they say it is just inconvienent! hope the doc can help you

Thanks hun, glad to hear that they're not painful! I don't even know if that's what the doc will offer me but i can't think what else she can do! xxx

Oooh sounds awful hunn, really hope the doctor can help tomorrow x

Thanks hun. I'm scared to eat a proper meal as i know it's all just piling on top of eachother! xxx

I have suffered with constipation and have a huge bowl of All Bran for breakfast every morning!

Hope the doctor can help you! xx

I have suffered with constipation and have a huge bowl of All Bran for breakfast every morning!

Hope the doctor can help you! xx

I have bran flakes every morning too. I could possibly be intolerant to wheat or something, who knows, i'm gona mention that to the doc too and see if she can give me a test for food intolerance. Thanks, hun. xxx

Hi hun, well that puts me worrying about 4 days into perspective!

I've been really constipated too, only going once every 3 - 4 days, but someone recommended melon and i ate a whole honeydew melon and wow, it really worked (tmi)!

As for an enema, well I'd love one! They are supposed to be really good for you, clearing out not only your bowels but all the other crap in there that doesnt come out often and so you are spring fresh on the inside! I'm quite jealous if you get one......

Hi hun, well that puts me worrying about 4 days into perspective!

I've been really constipated too, only going once every 3 - 4 days, but someone recommended melon and i ate a whole honeydew melon and wow, it really worked (tmi)!

As for an enema, well I'd love one! They are supposed to be really good for you, clearing out not only your bowels but all the other crap in there that doesnt come out often and so you are spring fresh on the inside! I'm quite jealous if you get one......

God, even when i'm not suffering so much i only go about once a week!!!

Mmm i love honeydew melon, think i will get one for this evening.

Oh really, wow well i hope i get one. She prob won't even give me one now! Don't know what else she could offer though as i think i've tried everything! Xxx

My hubby used to get colonics done and said they were great.

Not sure about in pregnancy but a double dose of andrews liver salts before bed acts as a laxative. Have used it before pg and it really worked!
my midwife recommended dried apricots instead of prunes :)

Hope u get sorted hun xxxx

Ive had an enema (the one the doctor gives you to do yourself before you get the bowel camera) its not painful, just really uncomfortable as it feels wrong to have stuff flowing in rather than out haha. But it works instantly, just make sure you use it all, and be right beside the toilet as you will need to go sharpish!! It'll make you feel a million times better tho. Good luck xxx

Oh you poor thing! I suffer normally but pregnancy seems to fixed me! Ive been hospitalised twice in the past from bowel problems and had enemas before, they didn't work either. Def go back to doctors soon x

Thanks girls. I hope that she offers me one, i'm so uncomfortable. God Sarah, i didn't even think about it not working! What would happen if it didn't work then? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back