Update - Had GTT

amzhunny

Reaction score
Hey all,

Well eventually had my GTT today and suprisingly the drink you have to have i found quite apetising....not sure whether it was nice or because i hadnt eaten for over 12 hours lol

STarting blood sugar was high so will have to see what full blood tests show tomorrow.

Also had full ante natal check, everything is great not sure if baby is engaged as she never felt my belly :( but its still measuring big....bump is now measuring 39cm - have to see what they say, surely it will get to a point and my belly can't grow anymore lol

See what the results say

Hope everyone is well xxxx

:hug: good luck tomorrow with the blood results..... and 39 eh? ? ? is that really big? i don't know what the average should be? ? is there a gauge for belly size somewhere? ? ? what size at what stage?

Wow eh..knowledge is a wonderful thing....
Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

yep, midwife phoned half 5 this evening i have abnormal levels....

so next trip diabetic midwife - fingers crossed they will do something i dont want to get any bigger i am so uncomfortable now!

thanks for your replies xx

Good luck with the midwife.
is there much they can do at this stage?
I remember when I was at 36 weeks I measured 44 weeks and they didn't bother doing anything because by the time I would have had results, there wouldnt have been anything they could have done. They did scan me though, and said there was too much fluid, which I have since found out is a sign of GD, but they didnt take any more blood or anything.

I went 3 days overdue and my baby was 8lb 6, so the bigger of the 3 but not that big really.

Hopefully you'll be ok.
I've got consultant clinic tomorrow to get the results of my own blood test because I was measuring 4 weeks ahead. I'm earlier this time though.

Aww good luck, hey you might be induced early if you get way to big!ao plus side you may meet lo earlier.

:?

I dont know what they could do at this stage, i suppose just monitor the growth?

I would love to meet LO early although was kinda excited i was having a september baby because i was one myself but nature is nature.

Bex- I had a growth scan last week at 34 weeks to check sizes etc and then some of the measurments were what is normal for 38 weeks and some 35 weeks! Going to be an odd loooking baby :rotfl: But mainly bump was all baby, hardly any fluid at all so hey hum. Still kicking me etc so thats good.

Good luck with your results today fingers crossed....i cant believe you measured 44cm arghhhh i hope i dont go that big my belly will be bigger than the height of me - i already look and feel like a tellytubby lol

I waiting to hear from midwife hope she gets in touch today.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back