GTT - anyone had one?

LucyBee

Reaction score
Lozzi? Kayzee?

Anyone had a GTT?

I've got one at 8.30am tomorrow morning and want to know what to expect. The midwife said it's basically drinking Lucozade. Is that right?

Lx

I had one. I had to fast from 9pm the day before then when i got there i had bloods taken before i had the drink. I had the drink then had to wait in the room for 1 or 2 hours i think it was then they took blood again. I had to ring up a couple of hours later for then results.

Would just like to add that if i were you I would take something to read , I have to have one but have heard that the waiting around is a killer :roll:

Yep had one....

Went in at 0800 after not eating from 10 the previous night... had to have blood taken and then drink some lucozade drink.. then had to wait for 2 hours.. had more blood taken then went home..

Not bad really just dead boring!!!!!!

OK brill. Thanks girls.
I'm going to pack my Sudoku book and a magazine!
Will let you know how I get on.
Lx

Yeah, definatly take something with you cos it's so boring. I thought i would just have the drink then be able to go and walk round the shops for a couple of hours. Didn't realise i wouldn't be allowed out of the room and it was a nightmare.

Thanks gals for good luck wishes!

Kellie - that's what I thought! I was just lying on the sofa this evening (like a beached whale) thinking about nipping to Marks & Sparks in between! Guess not though!

Right...I'm stocking up on stuff to read now!

L x

Had the test at 8.30am this morning. Gave them some wee, they took some blood and then i had to sit and drink a can of Lucozade!

I thought it was going to be some sort of professional medicine that was LIKE Lucozade! Didn't imagine they'd actually hand me a can off the stuff!

Then they released me in to the wild for 2 hours so I did manage to waddle around M&S for an hour before going back for more wee and bloods.

Will get results tomorrow so will let you know.

Jaidy - you're a little love for remembering! Bless you!

L xx

You're lucky - I ended up with the medical 'like' lucozade stuff and it's NASTY!!! Doesn't taste that bad but has the consistancy of syrup. And I wasn't allowed to leave the waiting room for 2 hours.

Hope everything is okay & results are normal. :hug:

LucyBee said:
Had the test at 8.30am this morning. Gave them some wee, they took some blood and then i had to sit and drink a can of Lucozade!

I thought it was going to be some sort of professional medicine that was LIKE Lucozade! Didn't imagine they'd actually hand me a can off the stuff!

Then they released me in to the wild for 2 hours so I did manage to waddle around M&S for an hour before going back for more wee and bloods.

Will get results tomorrow so will let you know.

Jaidy - you're a little love for remembering! Bless you!

L xx

:wink: I remember everything me! (Well most of the time :rotfl: selective memory I think its called!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back