Update and - Anyone from Hampshire - shopping advice needed.

Sabrina

Reaction score
Glad to report all has settled down with me. No more bleeding thank goodness and I can still feel LO kicking and moving about a lot.

So.... after the detailed scan on Friday :pray: *fingers crossed* all being well OH and I are off for the weekend to Chilworth, Hampshire.

OH is originally from that area and so we are going back to visit his folks and have a restful weekend in a Hilton Hotel.

On Saturday OH has promised me a little shopping trip into "town" (i.e. Southampton) where I gather there are a lot of shops catering for babies and parents-to-be.

So.... What I'm after is some advice from anyone local to that area as to the best places to go. Any discount stores only the locals know about? Or any tips on how to make the most of the shopping centre trip (think it's to West Quay?) :think: I'm thinking we'll be shopping for about 2-3 hours max on Saturday afternoon and maybe for a short while on Sunday morning.

Over to you ladies - can you help? :cheer:

Sabrina
x

Nope - I live in bedfordshire - but just wanted to say - glad you are feeling better and little one is back to playing football with your bladder!

Have an excellent time :)

Hi Sabrina,

Sorry I've not advice - I was born in Aldershot but didn't live there for long - but I just wanted to say that I'm so glad you are a wee bit better and good luck for your scan tomorrow. What time is it (and what time can we expect news!)?

Also (Moderator hat on), I was going to suggest that you post this question in Off Topic - more people might see it there and be able to help?

Valentine xxx

Hiya!

I live in southampton so i will try to help.
The Hilton is nice in Chilworth, i had a xmas party there once. Chilworth is a nice are as it's where all the rich people live and the massive houses are! I worked at a Dog kennels in Chilworth for a bit.

Anyway Firstly West Quay. You won't find any discount places there i'm afraid as it's just a big shopping centre. Downstair you have Pumpkin Patch. Lovely baby clothes, especially if you know the sex. the unisex stuff isn't as good. There is also a GAP shop downstairs with baby stuff, some is nice, some is awful!

The rest of west quay actual shopping centre is more clothes and stuff, not really baby stuff. Also further up towards the main doors there is a dorothy perkins which has nice maternity stuff. Oh there is also an H&M there which has maternity and baby stuff at the back of the bottom floor.

If you leave wesy quay and go to west quay retail park (which is just behind the shopping centre). You will find a big Mothercare worl and bigish Mamas and papas.

Obviously mothercare world is cheaper but some of the other places have sales on so that is always handy.

The only discount place i know is just out of the city and is in Bitterne called JKUK. It does equipment (not clothes) from main brands all really cheap. It is really worth the look if you need stuff.

This website has the adress somewhere i think
http://www.babies247.com/

Not sure if any of that helps but let me know if you need to know anything!

Thanks for the great advice Lau. I shall be sure to check out your tips and maybe the discount store too if we have time. My OH's grandparents live in Chilworth. It's a very nice place from what I've seen of it.

Valentine :oops: Sorry I didn't post this in "Off Topic". I don't usually scroll down that far on the board so didn't see it. :) I'll remember that next time.

Thanks Keslo + TopBird for your messages. I am feeling more like my self. Looking forward to the scan tomorrow. It's at 9am so we'll be up early (like for work). I should have time to post an update when we get back as we have to wait for the Gas man to come before driving to Hants.

:hug:

Sabrina said:
Valentine :oops: Sorry I didn't post this in "Off Topic". I don't usually scroll down that far on the board so didn't see it. :) I'll remember that next time.

No worries, I wasn't telling you off - I just wanted to make sure that more people saw it so that you would get good advice.

Sorry if I sounded strict, I really didn't mean to!

Valentine xxx

That's fantastic news Sabrina, it's good to hear you happy, and I'm sure you will have a lovely time no matter where you visit on Saturday and you deserve a blooming lovely time too :hug:

Best Wishes :hug:

amyxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back