UPDATE - after seeing midwife

keelie_b

Reaction score
ok well went to the midwife and apparently the reason im in so much pain is because the baby is breech! She said that people dont realise just how painfull it can be carrying a breech baby. I have days where i cant get off the sofa because my back is sooo bad. Hes also bruised my muscle high up just underneath my right boob because he had his bum up there for a long time and was really pushing out under my skin. Midwife pressed down on that area and i almost hit the ceiling.

Im stil lfar to aneamic to have a water birth so got to prey the tablets start working soon. mind you if he continues to be breech i guess thats not a problem anyway and it will be a section :( one thing i really dont want.

I told her my worries of developing gestational diabetes because i have this overwhelming thirst at the minute but she tested my wee and it was fine :D

I also told her my worries that he was just simply getting too big for my tiny frame but she measured and he's not actually that enourmous he just feels it because he's breech and rather than having little arms and legs at the front iv got a head and bum.

Think thats everything so just hoping he turns in next few weeks so i can have my nice relaxed water birth.

aww hun, sorry to hear your little one is being naughty and not getting in the right position. Its annoying when you have your heart set on something and then it may not happen (i also wanted a water birth but can now only labour in water)

I think with this pregnancy/birthing milarky its best not to have too many plans as there is so much out of our control.. the one thing i would say to just concentrate on is whatever happens you will end up with your LO which is all that matters.

Claire x

So LO transverse breech!? Oh I feel your pain hun! (well not literally as fortunately my LO is now head down! :cheer: )
But she was transverse up till about 30 weeks? :think: Not totally sure would have to check but OMG it was painful then! When she did turn head down the pain was a lot less (although she still hurts lol) I felt constantly bruised all over my stomach and just this heavy heavy weight all down my lower tum, girlie bits and legs! I was only like 26 weeks and it scared me as I had never had the pains like that till like 36 weeks with the others lol! I can only imagine how painful it is with you being further on! :pray: She turns and soon!

aww hun :hug: :hug: my DD was breech too and it was quite painfull to say the least! i refused a section and she mannaged to turn the day before she was due! then i went overdue and had a induction anyway.... :doh: but as soon as she moves down you will feel alot better! (i feel fab this pregnancy shes been FULLY engaged now for 3 weeks) i :pray: that you get your birth you wanted hun! she will be good for mumy and move around soon ;)

thanks for replying all.
i hope i start feeling better soon i cant carry on for another 9-11 weeks like this. i never got to enjoy this pregnancy for even a week.
I'll have a girl next time!!! :lol:

keelie_b said:
thanks for replying all.
i hope i start feeling better soon i cant carry on for another 9-11 weeks like this. i never got to enjoy this pregnancy for even a week.
I'll have a girl next time!!! :lol:

Hun, after reading think I think my boy is breech too. I am having really bad pains in my lower back.My ribs are also bruised. I think I am going to call my midwife tomorrow and get signed off from work. I have been struggling for too long now.
Hope your LO turns and your pains eases off :hug: :hug: :hug:

Petra; yea deffinately worth speaking to your midwife about it then. I have to say my backaches a lot higher up than i've heard most get it and seems to be just on the right hand side but i dont know. My midwife just said a breech baby can cause all sorts of aches and pains. The internal bruising is awfull, i cant even laugh without it being agony.
You'll have to let me us know then xx

Can I just make a little suggestion about your iron hun, you can get this liquid called Floridix (sp?) which is supposed to be wicked for getting your levels up quickly. Because its a fluid your body absorbs it much quicker, and my midwife highly recommended it to me when I first talked about a waterbirth. Not sure if you can get it on prescription, but I got mine here from Holland and Barratt and within a week my levels were normal again. Gotta be worth a try? :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back