Bit concered after MW appointment.

Lisamj

Reaction score
hi all,

Just had 31 week MW appointment. Baby still flips and turns alot, but on the last 2 visits to the MW he's been breech. This time she couldn't figure out what way he was lying and so put a question mark followed by breech in the position box. The last 2 visits she said they don't worry until 35 weeks if the baby is breech, but this time she started talking about ECV's and cesaereans already! I know she is probably just going over the worst scenario, but still....

I thought baby still had time and room to flip but MW has concerned me a bit now. I guess it's good that it wasn't an obvious breech, but she couldn't feel anything hard in the pelvic area nor anything hard below my ribs. I do have an anterior placenta though.

I know my baby definitley has a head because I saw it at the 4D scan but have no idea where it is at this precise moment! :lol: :lol:

Any reassurancde appreciated.
Thanks
L xxxx

i dont think its anything to worry about at 31wks, she was probably just going over what could happen if baby doesnt turn

try not to worry :hug:

I'm sure there's time for you Lo to turn. She was probably trying to prepare you ...just in case.
Don't worry. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi :wave:

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about and as the others have said it's still early and chances are your LO will be head down by 36 weeks- I'm sure the midwife is just preparing you 'just in case'.

It's good news you've seen the head because then you would need to be a bit worried :rotfl:

Alex xxx

My best mate is a sonographer....The first woman she scanned when training, the baby had no head (that was at 16 weeks though) :shock:

Back to the matter at hand though.

From 27 weeks I have been told the baby is head down (from a scan). The MW told me fri it is head down with its bum facing my bump..
Today the MW on delivery said 'she wasn't sure. Babies are difficult to tell at this stage. And it has plenty of room to move at your stage anyway'

So, I think at our stage, we really dont need to worry. Sometimes I think they have to discuss possible outcomes with us, so we are informed and not shocked.

:hug:

At my 30 week hospital appointment the consultant said that she thought my baby was breach and started talking about Cesareans and such. I thought it was odd that she started talking about that so early, but she said not to worry because baby could still turn. I had my midwife appointment last week and now he seems to have turned.

She was probably just letting you know what could happen. Don't worry yet, your little one still has time to turn. :hug:

Lucy was thought to be breach so I went for a scan at 37 weeks.... she was fine!

Don't worry about it - a lot of babies are up and down and if there is any doubt you'll get sent for a scan.

I'm exactly the same, MW has known he has been breech all along but recently has started talking about c-sections etc...... as you can see from my other posts it's scared me a bit...

Although there is plenty of time for him to flip (and the fact that he/she has been flipping all along is encouraging, mine hasn't at all.... bum down all the wat through!!). You can do exercises to encourage him to flip, like spending time on all fours. Also there is the knee-chest manouvre, get on hands and knees, and lower your front down do your head is resting on your arms on the floor, basically you want to try to get your uterus as upside down as possible... stay like this for 10-15 mins. (it's uncomfortable at first but after a few times you get used to it). My MW says to do this when you have BH or when baby is particularly active...

Hope this helps and our babies turn for us....

J
XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back