Unsettling night

Becs

Reaction score
My poor husband! I woke up shouting oh, no, oh, no and pointing to the ceiling where I was convinced I could see a large dark patch of blood dripping from the ceiling. i even got up and turned on the light to see better. Obviously therewas nothing there. I just stood there, my legs shaking from the knees down, then clambered back into bed apologising.

My mum was here on Saturday night and pretty much scoffed at all of my ideas about labour and how to deal with the baby after it is born. She really pissed me off and I had to tell her we were allowed to make plans and we didn't need all of the sarcastic remarks.

It's really played on my mind since and seems to either stop me fro sleeping or give me vivid dreams. After the above episode I fell asleep only to dream about beingin a Kenyan prison. :roll: :wall:

Aww hun :hug:
I had a night like that too! I woke my OH up telling him there was someone there coming to get me. He was very good and hugged me and rubbed my back telling me there was no one there. I too had to turn the light on to check!

It's horrible when that happens isn't it!

My mum too is opinionated and has done nothing but tell me how stupid my plans for birth are (home and water) and it drives me nuts too! We should be allowed to make our own choices surely! I'm sure they think they are helping in some way. Lol.

Just remember you're the one who has got to go through the labour and so your happiness is the most important thing :)

xxxxxxxxx :hug:

Suzie,

Thanks for your message I found it so reassuring to read someone else understands just what I mean. It sounds mad to let my Mums opinions get to me so much when other people are going through much worse stress. It's just that I actually do want to see her regularly once the baby comes but she seems to want to re-live having children through me and has even said she would like to come and stay for a few days when it is born to help and advise. I don't feel that I want to share my baby like that, I'm 32 and have had a very successful career which my Mum says I will want to go back to, but I don't. I want to be a Mum, I'm ready for the next challenge and I want to do it with my husband not with my Mother. If only she could just be happy being a grand mum who we visit once a week, without all of the sarcasm and put downs. I think I might have to be honest with her and discuss what she expects and what is really going to happen.

Sorry to hear you are in the same boat, oh and with the nightmares. Sounds like you have a really sweet and supportive husband, if he was stroking your back. Bless!

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for your response, I needed a rant and you've really helped!

Becs :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Aww you're welcome :)

I'd talk to your mum and explain it the way you just did - it's rational and very reasonable!
I'm only 20 and having to live at home to have the baby as we can't quite afford our own place, though i'd love to be able to distance myself from my mum just a teeny bit! We're hoping to move out asap once baby is born - we're just waiting for my OH's job to up his hours for a little more money.

I know what you mean about wanting to be a mum.
My mum is sure I should go back to work and get on with things but I really want to be a mum who is there day in day out for my LO, in fact I love that idea! We've got years to go back to work if we want but our LOs will only be little once!

Yeh my OH was pretty good last night, bless him, i'm known for my vivid dreams. I once woke him up to ask him if he could get the hamster ball (with the hamster in it) to stop floating by the top of the curtain and he managed to make me think he had so that i'd go back to sleep.Lol.

PM me if you want to chat at any point :) our due dates must be quite close too - i'm due 24th May

xxx :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back