Worst night ever!

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Since Monday ive hardly had any sleep :cry: Ive been having constant trips to the toilet, feeling restless, not able to get comfortable in bed despite having a maternity pillow and always needing a drink! which im reluctant to have becuase i know that 20 mins later i will need the toilet again. Oh and not forgetting the bad back i have that makes me feel like im 80 years old!

Anyway......last night was the icing on the cake :evil: Between my wounderful fiance snoring, the baby kicking me and the cat tinkering his bloody bell all the time, i got jack all sleep!! :wall: It was like all 3 of them were practasing some kind of R&B :rotfl:

I gave up at about midnight and went into the spare room to use the interent in hope that it would make me tired, but noooo that diddnt work. I was then tempted to go downstairs and watch tv but i knew that if i did that my OH would wake up and i diddnt want that to happen as he is not coming home from work till 2-3am tomorrow morning and needs all the sleep he can get.

I crawled back into bed around 1.15am and just laid there stareing at the ceiling till 3am when i must have finaly dropped off, its been like this since Monday!

Im a walking zomby today and my eyes feel like bricks. Sympathy needed.

T x

aww hun i had a bad night aswell lastnight just could rest at all
i hope it will get better for you soon though
manda xx

I know EXACTLY how you feel Tiggy. I had the worst night too in weeks and weeks.

After lunch yesterday I didn't feel too good from acid reflux so had a bath and went and sat up in the bed for a good hour or so. I started to feel a bit better so made an omelette for dinner which in turn made me bad again. So from around 7pm I moaned and groaned, had Matt rubbing my back, paced the house and didn't eat or drink anything other than a small cup of peppermint tea (which made it worse). We turned the light off at around 11.45pm and by 12.15am I was up because I had so much discomfort and ended up where I always end up when I get this... in the office - WORKING! :shock:

I was in there til gone 2am and came back to bed to find Matt in the bed snoring and Barney (dog) on the floor snoring too. On top of that Flump had been kicking since the moment I'd got up and didn't stop til around 3am.

I'm off to the drs today to see what all this pain in my back, hips and groin is and I'm going to tell her I'm starting to really suffer with my reflux again (as I was warned by the MW that I might at 8 weeks).

I wouldn't mind but I ate barely anything yesterday. Usually it happens after a big meal or hot or rich foods (which I avoid now-a-days which is why I don't suffer from it a lot - til now!)

So yes Tiggy... I feel for you and hope you feel better soon. xxx

I have a way of dealing with a sleepless night that works for me, it still leaves me tired in the morning but it makes the night itself a special treat.

I look at the clock and figure out how many hours I have, job free hours, hours to fill with treats for me. If I have something recorded or DVD I want to watch then I watch it, I surf the net, have a bubbly bath, eat (but ONLY treats), make myself a decaff coffee, wear the fluffiest socks I can find and generally pamper myself in every way I can imagine!

I rarely get to the end of all my planned treats before I'm sleepy and ready for bed - but I promise myself that if I'm not asleep in 15 minutes then I'll get back up for more treats.

It's not a perfect cure but at least I get rid of feeling frustrated and upset that I can't sleep. Tossing and turning winds me up and wakes me up more.

Oh I wish I could do that... my problem is that usually when I am up it's the reflux and the only thing to do is sit up straight at my desk. It sucks :(

That's a good system you have though for a sleepless night!!!

Thanks for the symapthey girls, im still awake just about! i think by 7pm i will be in the land of nod though.

T xx

I would be too although tonight is Peterborough's night for the switch on of the indoor Xmas lights and we have always gone with my sis and her family so really want to go tonight too.

Hopefully they won't be doing it too late and it'll be over quite quickly. LOL

Awww that's not good.

Have a few of these :hug: :hug: :hug: I can't offer much advice other than from my own experiences of sleep problems (which were not pregnancy related), the main things is don't be afraid to nap during the day when you feel tired and if you are able. Get the ZZZZzzzzz's in where you can, even if in short bursts. That way it doesn't become such an issue if you sleep badly at night. It always is difficult when you lie there and have time to think about wanting to sleep but it doesn't happen.

Try getting up for a bit, drink some hot milk, get warm and then go back to bed when ready.

Good luck.

Here I go again. its 11.45pm and im up pottering around the house as if its the middle of the day, i cant believe ive had less 13 hours sleep over 4 days :shock: Ive gone from one extreme to another, before i couldnt get passed 8.30pm without faslling asleep and now id do anything for just a few hours kip :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back