Unreasonable request?!

BKR123

Reaction score
I told my boyfriend that when I am in labor, like actually in pain, I don't want him playing whatever game he's hooked on at the moment or reading sky sports news, simply because he cannot concentrate on more than one thing; the game/sports will take priority! He said fine I won't be in the room then :| am I being unreasonable?! This has really annoyed me! He would rather check the latest sports up dates than be part of his daughters birth!!!

That's so not unreasonable, I'd be really miffed if my hubby was sat there checking sports and news while i was in pain! I think you have every right to be annoyed! X

This sounds sooo like me! I told my OH he wasn't allowed to read sky sports news either cos he can literally spend hours on there and can't concentrate on anything else! I really hope he leaves his phone alone when I'm in labour but can't see it happening!

Its not unreasonable. However, im pretty sure he would be more interwsted in the birth than sky sports.

MY OH spends all day checking sky sports news on his phone and looking at his football forum. However, id never have the cheek to tell him that he isnt permitted to do so when im in labour as I know he wouldn't do that anyway. And if I pestered him about it before labour, I think he would be annoyed that I dont have that faith in him to have his focus on me rather than a silly news thread.

Once he is in that room and ur ready for your baby im sure he will give u all the attention u need x

Sent from my GT-I9300

Sounds like my oh constantly on bloody sky sports news, woke up to it this morning it drives me mad loada shite!!!my oh constantly has his phone glued to his hand looking at crap!! He best not be doing thaf when im In labour as hell be getting told!ha!x

Sounds like my oh constantly on bloody sky sports news, woke up to it this morning it drives me mad loada shite!!!my oh constantly has his phone glued to his hand looking at crap!! He best not be doing thaf when im In labour as hell be getting told!ha!x

I usually wake up to my OH reading it too! To be fair, I come and check the forum and my facebook in the morning lol. So im just as bad. Don't worry, if he knows whats right for him, he'll be too excited about the arrival. Although I must admit, it must be pretty boring for then in there as there really is nothing they can do :-( xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Yeah definatley i mean if im in hospital for hours and hours i dont expect him to be sat there watching me constantly all that time! As long as i have his attention when i want it then thats ok! Unlike now when hes reading something he goes deaf!!!x

Yeah definatley i mean if im in hospital for hours and hours i dont expect him to be sat there watching me constantly all that time! As long as i have his attention when i want it then thats ok! Unlike now when hes reading something he goes deaf!!!x

Sounds all too familiar haha xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

I've banned my husband from candy crush during labour. He seems to think that's a reasonable request!

I want attention, and foot rubs, and whatever else I deem necessary - he becomes a total zombie when on his phone and its hard to pull him off it!!!

My oh had his phone but wasbt allowed games etc if I waa.going through it he had to go through it too!!! Lol

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I told hubby his tablet and phone was banned during the labour. He spends hours playing stupid games on them.

His response? Fine, I'm not coming then :p

Xx

Haha! It wouldn't be as bad if he could play the game and talk at the same time! I'm glad it's not just me that sky sports winds up, it's going to be even worse now the football season has started!!!xx

That's not unreasonable at all but I think sky sports or games wont be an issue when your actually in labour, im sure they will take a back seat hun dont worry xx

Not unreasonable at all. I wish my OH would spend more time now enjoying time together instead of watching horse racing and sitting on iPad for hours. Made him come with me to mothercare yday to pick some prezzies for a friend of mine and he wasn't interested in baby clothes at all :( He said Incan just let you do all thus stuff can't i?
Would this piss you off too or are your OHs like this? Xx

Not unreasonable at all. I wish my OH would spend more time now enjoying time together instead of watching horse racing and sitting on iPad for hours. Made him come with me to mothercare yday to pick some prezzies for a friend of mine and he wasn't interested in baby clothes at all :( He said Incan just let you do all thus stuff can't i?

My oh is like that, not interested in baby clothes etc! When we were buying pram hecwas like you can just go and pick what you want!x

It's not unreasonable at all, you're the one giving birth.

In my case, with my first labor I was in so much pain I told him to just sit down and go on the internet because there was nothing he could do and I was unable to talk to him. I was just dreading the next contraction. LOL

Ya never know how it's gonna go ; )

Its only a few hours im sure he can manage that. I think on the day though he will be so panicked and excited he will forget about his game anyway xx

its not unreasonable at all but
when i was in labour with my 1st i spent the first part of it alone bouncing on my ball and watching films/reading threads on here as it was stupidly early in the morning and tbh if he had been awake he would of fussed and annoyed me anyway haha. when we were at the hospital there was no tv etc and he didnt even think to look at his phone the whole time so maybe it wont actually be an issue and hes just being contrary cos your telling him what to do, my oh is really funny like that if i tell him not to do something then he has to do it....men huh

Not unreasonae, but I guess it depends what stage you are both thinking about

First part of my labour I was sat bouncing on my ball on laptop on Facebook. I have no idea what he was doing! Lol watching something on tv I think. At that stage there was nothing he could do, or anything I wanted him to do.

When I eventually went to MLU I was in a lot more pain - so was squeezing his hand at some bits - I think!

My oh is like that, not interested in baby clothes etc! When we were buying pram hecwas like you can just go and pick what you want!x

Phew thanks haha, maybe they will feel more involved when the baby is actually here xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back