Saw the consultant and had my scan!

Miracle babe

Reaction score
I had my scan and consultant visit today!
Well the good news is that my baby's head circumpherence is measuring at 33.2cm as compared to my daughters at 35cm so head is smaller. The EFW is also at 3.26kg (about 7bls 5oz) so thats smaller aswell. Am aware however that fetal weight is a guess but cant deny the head measurment.
Was feeling pretty confident after the scan so when I went in I wasnt prepared for the consultant to tell me that after talking with the other guy who delivered my dd he still think a c section is in order (the other guy thinks this). My consultant agrees with me however that it all looks good for a natural delivery and he doesn't think its unreasonable of me to want to try. :D Anyway he wants me to have a Cervical Sweep on tuesday and if nothing comes of that he's gonna induce me the day before my due date. Now I am shit scared. I also asked him if there was anything I could do to help things along. Among other things (curries, sex, long walks, castor oil) he suggested he also mentioned a licorice stick. I horrified the hubby by asking if I was to eat the stick or what? :rotfl:
So not quite the vote of confidence I was hoping for but its something and at least now I know I haven't much longer to wait for LO arrival.

raspberry leaf tea is supposed to be good, tea bags if you can handle the taste.

Miracle babe said:
I had my scan and consultant visit today!
Well the good news is that my baby's head circumpherence is measuring at 33.2cm as compared to my daughters at 35cm so head is smaller. The EFW is also at 3.26kg (about 7bls 5oz) so thats smaller aswell. Am aware however that fetal weight is a guess but cant deny the head measurment.
Was feeling pretty confident after the scan so when I went in I wasnt prepared for the consultant to tell me that after talking with the other guy who delivered my dd he still think a c section is in order (the other guy thinks this). My consultant agrees with me however that it all looks good for a natural delivery and he doesn't think its unreasonable of me to want to try. :D Anyway he wants me to have a Cervical Sweep on tuesday and if nothing comes of that he's gonna induce me the day before my due date. Now I am sh*t scared. I also asked him if there was anything I could do to help things along. Among other things (curries, sex, long walks, castor oil) he suggested he also mentioned a licorice stick. I horrified the hubby by asking if I was to eat the stick or what? :rotfl:
So not quite the vote of confidence I was hoping for but its something and at least now I know I haven't much longer to wait for LO arrival.

PUT THE CASTOR OIL AWAY AND LET NATURE TAKE ITS COURSE MIRACLE BABE. EVERYTHING WILL BE OK :hug:

woops sorry for caps

LOL Budge don't you dare shout at me :shakehead:

Seriously would like to let nature take its course but with me size is a serious issue and I feel I have to get this baby out before he gets any bigger hence why the induction before I go overdue.

Have to agree with you about the castor oil, seriously have my doubts about that one.

chick you cannot be any bigger than i am. and im scared of the size of my little fooker too believe me.
but its best to let things go naturally and im sure you'll be fine. I worry that you're worried. :hug: :hug: :hug:

budge said:
chick you cannot be any bigger than i am. and im scared of the size of my little fooker too believe me.
but its best to let things go naturally and im sure you'll be fine. I worry that you're worried. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I guess the last 7 years have taken their toll on me hun, thank you for the support its very much appreciated :hug:

i had a really bad lasbour with my second and i was like you are now with my third and everything turned out lovely.
i have a good feeling you will have a lovely labour and your faith will be restored in yourself as mine was with me. :hug: :hug:

Im glad you can still have a vaginal birth hun, and hopefully the sweep all goes well and kick starts your LO!!!! Im sure it will go fine for you this time :hug:

Ps. Whats Castor Oil and what do you do with it? (dumbass here!)

jade its a cooking oil and rubbing it all over your breast is siad to induce labour.

4.gif

budge said:
i had a really bad lasbour with my second and i was like you are now with my third and everything turned out lovely.
i have a good feeling you will have a lovely labour and your faith will be restored in yourself as mine was with me. :hug: :hug:

Thanks Budge, I really feel like I need to do this to restore my faith in myself. Its sort of a continuation of the healing from 7 years ago if you know what I mean. I know some people will think I'm mad but its reassuring to know that you went on to have a straight forward delivery after having a bad one :hug:

Miracle babe said:
budge said:

Thanks Budge, I really feel like I need to do this to restore my faith in myself. Its sort of a continuation of the healing from 7 years ago if you know what I mean. I know some people will think I'm mad but its reassuring to know that you went on to have a straight forward delivery after having a bad one :hug:

i can fully understand how you feel. I think you felt as if your body had failed you and you need to know you can do it ''properly''. I was the same. And i worried and worried all the way through the pregnancy of bethany. and you know what once id had her and it was a lovely labour and birth i could have kicked myself for worrying so much .

Glad you got a little bit of reassurance from your appointment miraclebabe. I am cacking my pants now at the thought of giving birth and I haven't had the scary experience that you had with your DD. Like Budge says though I'm sure everything will be fine and you'll be holding your LO before you know.

Miracle Babe, I have so much respect for you, I think you are really brave! Like Budge I think you will have a great experience this time and I can't wait to hear all about it, I hope it happens soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back