University Access Courses

*Star*

Reaction score
After I've had this baby I'm looking to finally do what I've wanted to do for years and years and train to become a midwife.

Now, cause I haven't been in education for a while (well 2 years at the moment, but will be 4 when I start), i think I'm best doing an access course, plus doing an access course will give me the qualifications to get on to the midwifery course.

So, what is an access course? Are they course specific? So that I would get a basic grounding in midwifery if I was to an access course, or are they generic courses that get you back into studying??

I don't think they teach you anything about midwifery as such but I think they will give you a good grounding in biology, etc that you will have missed by not having A Levels.

Yeah i did the access course ( need to finish it after baby) But the college i went to did the whole course as " access course" and then you went the way in which you wanted your career to go, so they had access to health and social care ( which is the one you would do to get on a mw course at uni) and the one i was doing to get into social work.

If you need anymore info pm me and i'll be more than happy to answer any questions if i can. But i do think all colleges are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back