I've got my college interview tonight...(UPDATED 23/03)

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
and i'm really nervous. I am starting my access to nursing course in Sept but if I pass this interview I can do the course over 1 year instead of 2. I'm not really sure what to expect but I have been told I will have to do a Maths and English test :( If I don't pass it then it's not the end of the world because I can do the course over 2 years instead but i'd rather not. can you all please keep everything crossed for me. Thanks xxx

YAY :cheer: Just had a letter through and I start the 1 year access course in September :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Good Luck chick,
I have just finished on the access course, and i never had to do a test in maths and english but i did have to take proof that i had done my maths and english at school, or it would be the 2 year and you have to do maths and english.

I'm sure it will be all fine, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

MissSara said:
Good Luck chick,
I have just finished on the access course, and i never had to do a test in maths and english but i did have to take proof that i had done my maths and english at school, or it would be the 2 year and you have to do maths and english.

I'm sure it will be all fine, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

How did you find the access course? I am hoping to do it one full day and two evenings a week but I also work 30 hours a week so it's going to be hard going. Have you applied to Uni yet? If yes what type of nursing are you doing?(sorry 20 questions :lol: ). I am still trying to decide whether to apply for child or midwifery. I was going to do the adult diploma because it's more money but I have decided againts it now so I will have to survive on the crappy degree bursary.

Good luck hun, sure you will do brilliantly! Let us know how it goes :hug:

Well i have found it toooo hard and i don't work, im waiting till after the baby and going back because it was just taking it all out of me.

I was there mondays and Thursdays, but i want to go to uni and do the social work degree and was doing maths and english and the maths was hard, but it never has been my strong point.

My sister is still on the course and she works 40 hours a week, she struggles and spends her onyl day off doing homework but if your diciplined enough you will do it.

I have phoned uni's up after i left the course, and some have agreed that just with the one year i have done i may have enough qualifications to get in on the social work degree so i have to go and have a informal chat with them.

With the diploma you don't need a maths GCSE but with the degree you will need a maths GCSE, this caused an uproar in our class. And midwifery is also very hard to get into, 4 people didn't get accepted of our course. And on the access course you will need to go on a placement, but my sister works in a nursing home and that counts has her placement.

Anything else and i'd be willing to answer for you. Where is it you are doing the access course????

MissSara said:
Well i have found it toooo hard and i don't work, im waiting till after the baby and going back because it was just taking it all out of me.

I was there mondays and Thursdays, but i want to go to uni and do the social work degree and was doing maths and english and the maths was hard, but it never has been my strong point.

My sister is still on the course and she works 40 hours a week, she struggles and spends her onyl day off doing homework but if your diciplined enough you will do it.

I have phoned uni's up after i left the course, and some have agreed that just with the one year i have done i may have enough qualifications to get in on the social work degree so i have to go and have a informal chat with them.

With the diploma you don't need a maths GCSE but with the degree you will need a maths GCSE, this caused an uproar in our class. And midwifery is also very hard to get into, 4 people didn't get accepted of our course. And on the access course you will need to go on a placement, but my sister works in a nursing home and that counts has her placement.

Anything else and i'd be willing to answer for you. Where is it you are doing the access course????

What do you mean I will have to go on placement? I already work as a HCA on an adult ward so will that count. I'm hopefully doing the access course at Saltash College because the Plymouth College doesn't have hours to suit me. It's still not very far from me though :D

Yeah that will count chick. Its just so when you go to uni as a mature student the like to see that you have some kind of experience, but your job sounds like the placement will be fine.

They will tell you everything you need to know tonight at your interview and its easy to get into the swing of it.
The one problem i had is because i didn't want to go into nursing i had to go on a placement on saturdays as a youth mentor, which ment never spending time with harrison on a saturday and taking another child bowling or to the cinema, and it didn't feel right.

I'm not sure that all access courses are the same, so things might be different for you, but i know the ones all in this area are round about the same.

good luck gemma sending you lots of luck and will be thinking of you tonight :dance:

Well done Gemma, that's fantastic news!

Good luck with the course!

Valentine Xxx

Congratulations! :cheer:

It will be well worth it when you get on the uni course!

I didn't do an access course before starting but some of my uni friends did. They said it was good to get into practice for study again! :D

congrats hun. hopefully ill be posting the same thing next year if i get onto my course x

congratulations on getting onto your access course, i have an interview for my access course into nursing on 9th april. i am currently doing my level 2 in maths already passed level 1 (level 2 is a-c grade) and also got my level 2 in english which i passed last year. I am hoping to go into midwifery when my lo is at school, she dont go till she is 5 and she is only 1 so a long wait, but will do any course i can to make it easier.

Did you have to pay for the course as the one i am doing at moment is free and the access course said about a fee??????

thanks

yay :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Ive just applied for my course so im now waiting on my interview :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111